eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

My eBay Summary

So now they put in yet another prompt when you go to delete your saved things.  I spend all this time clicking what I don't want, scroll up or down to click on Delete, and NOW I have to have yet another prompt, "Confirm" ing the stupid Delete.

Nothing like making things even more complicated than they need to be.  Totallly annoying. :-(

Please use plain text.
nowibuystuff
Community Member

Re: My eBay Summary

in reply to sinthea9

Better safe then sorry

Delivery Confirmation is now called "Tracking"

BUT seems to still be Delivery Confirmation

Copy & Paste from USPS site >>

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9

I totally agree with you.

Please use plain text.
nowibuystuff
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9

Thank You

If you shipped with Express Mail®, you’ll get point-by-point tracking details. If you used another service—USPS Tracking™, Certified Mail™, Registered Mail™ —you’ll see when it went out for delivery.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9

Anybody out there worked out how to get off the roundabout and get a real person to talk with and solve a customer service query. On trying to contact the seller in the first place to answer a simple question, I also got the same run around ,this time by redirected phone calls. Finally getting an irate operator  in what sounded like a call centre in Mumbi ,Puni or Kolkatta.Did not get a satisfactory answer from there either. On going back into system tonight to try and get better contact details, The find the seller BABZ who sold hundreds of item per month suddenly has no items for sale. I had started my Christmas shopping early but I am going to close my eBay account when 2 complaints are resolved . In the 7 years I have been with eBay ,apart from these 2 , I have only made 1 other.I have 100percent score as a buyer.  I will be staring my Christmas shopping properly next month , when I will be in a lovely rural home town where I will receive courtesy, I can see and handle goods . I will still avoid a Christmas rush and a local trader who needs supporting , Will have my Trade . In fact I am already planning a little break for November ,to enjoy the festive spirit with real people who will take time to wrap my gift and say thank you.Anybody out there feel like me that we have lost far too much by TALKING through computers ,and by talking on mobile phones. 

Please use plain text.
3x-a-lady
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9
Just makes me want to close up my store....and forget trying to search for anything. A jumbled mess. What are they thinking?
Please use plain text.
prettywoman-2012
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9

yeah, I agree...it is a bit annoying. At least they could allow bulk marking and then one "Confirm" for all marked items to be deleted in one step.

Please use plain text.
nowibuystuff
Community Member

in reply to prettywoman-2012

Wow

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9
I'm way over eBay. Thought it might be a good way to buy and sell, but I've had no end of trouble with dodgy buyers and sellers unfortunately. Some very nice buyers and sellers too. But it's too time and trouble intensive lodging claims, emailing buyers, sellers, eBay and PayPal. I too am now prepared to brave actual shopping. Shame the sellers that don't send and the buyers that don't pay spoil it for the rest of the community.
Please use plain text.
nowibuystuff
Community Member

in reply to kareng25

I have been buying and selling for years with minimum problems

remember >> You only see the horror stories on here

Please use plain text.
mostlyantiques
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9
if you need customers helping you want to talk to somebody, click on customer service, then click on accounting information then go to the bottom of the page and will say contact eBay, and then it'll say call it even on yet to do is hit the call button and you'll talk to somebody.
Kevin R Dawson
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9

right

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to maryga30
Amen
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9
Hellya. The old saying, the worlds gone to hell in a hand basket.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to kareng25

I have 100% rating as a buyer. Ran into a Germany seller, bought small, got my product. Bought a bit bigger, and got the product. Loaded up and suddenly my product gets lost in the mail, so says seller. Then I log onto foreign auction and see a postcard selling there from same seller w/same code marks on the back ,so it is the card I purchased that was supposed to have been mailed. Reported all this to Pay-Pal, then ebay. Got immediate response and full refund from Pay-Pal so skip ebay...too much nothing happens but Pay-Pal responded and did it right. Ebay should learn how to resolve disputes by listening to Pay-Pal. This happened to me 3 times and Pay-Pal came through all 3 times. By the way, this same Germany postcard seller is back on ebay under another name but same address as the old one supposedly banned for fraud. I proved the fraud cause I kept front/back copies of the card from ebay sale to me and foreigh aution sale & match was perfect. BUSTED them. Did they ever lose a good buyer forever.

kareng25 wrote:
I'm way over eBay. Thought it might be a good way to buy and sell, but I've had no end of trouble with dodgy buyers and sellers unfortunately. Some very nice buyers and sellers too. But it's too time and trouble intensive lodging claims, emailing buyers, sellers, eBay and PayPal. I too am now prepared to brave actual shopping. Shame the sellers that don't send and the buyers that don't pay spoil it for the rest of the community.

Gesnerbooks

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9

In nearly a decade of only buying on Ebay, I've encountered only 2 sellers w/3 transactions that I had a problem with. A few other times there were packing problems where the item I bought broke in shipment, but refunds were made and **bleep** happens. One seller from Germany did try to rob me and an article I bought was later found on a foreign auction site. I had photos proving the objects were one and the same. Strange since they claimed the article was lost in the mail. They are now back on Ebay under another name and shame on Ebay for allowing this as I proved they tried to rob me. Gesnerbooks

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to sinthea9

i make 60.00 dollars and ebay pay pal take 50.00 they been doing this for the last year now what can i do help

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to dreampins777

The Fees are High!There

dreampins777 wrote:

i make 60.00 dollars and ebay pay pal take 50.00 they been doing this for the last year now what can i do help

is no way around it.That'a why;plus the shipping cost,I've decided to sell in my Local Newspaper,the Bonney Buyer and Yard/Flea market/Antique's and Collectables Sales.If you Live Close to Iowa,consider coming to our'Iowas' Thresher's Reunion'.Over 30,000 people come to and stay in my Town for 4-6 day's.The visitor's BUY!!.The Whole Town is a Huge Selling and Buying Place.EVERYONE in Town Profit's pretty well from the Visitor's.You'll Sell whatever you have to sell;at GOOD prices.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to gesnerbooks

gesnerbooks wrote:

I have 100% rating as a buyer. Ran into a Germany seller, bought small, got my product. Bought a bit bigger, and got the product. Loaded up and suddenly my product gets lost in the mail, so says seller. Then I log onto foreign auction and see a postcard selling there from same seller w/same code marks on the back ,so it is the card I purchased that was supposed to have been mailed. Reported all this to Pay-Pal, then ebay. Got immediate response and full refund from Pay-Pal so skip ebay...too much nothing happens but Pay-Pal responded and did it right. Ebay should learn how to resolve disputes by listening to Pay-Pal. This happened to me 3 times and Pay-Pal came through all 3 times. By the way, this same Germany postcard seller is back on ebay under another name but same address as the old one supposedly banned for fraud. I proved the fraud cause I kept front/back copies of the card from ebay sale to me and foreigh aution sale & match was perfect. BUSTED them. Did they ever lose a good buyer forever.

all buyers have 100% feedback, doesn't mean anything anymore

Please use plain text.