eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Help & Contact

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

Community Member

Ebay holding funds.

I'm very upset with ebay/paypay right now. My funds are being held and I can't get to them. Let me start by saying I have 680 feedback score with 98.9% positive feedback. I recently had a few  buyers give me low scores on the way my item was described - even though I described them just fine - and because of that, my funds are being held until 3 days after the buyer receives them. I need the money now!

I've always had instantaneous access to MY money, and now because 2 or 3 people have a bad day and give me low numbers, I can't use MY money!! I use this money to supplement my income, and I need it today, not in a week or so!! My wife's car needs tires, and I am off work TODAY, and I can't go get her tires because I DON'T HAVE MY MONEY!!! I will bet everybody at ebay got their paychecks this week!! Well, I DIDN'T!!! And it isn't even my fault!! And when I call customer support, they claim the "system" did it automatically, and they can't manually release my money!! Do the computers run the people, or do the people run the computers?? I WANT MY MONEY!!!!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Re: Ebay holding funds.

in reply to dar_jef4forus

I too am upset at ebays new policy of holding funds.  I have 100 percent feedback and 1896 feedbacks.  Most of that is buying for over ten years but i do sell once in awhile.  My seller feedback is excellent but because I don't sell enough my funds will always be on hold.  I think this is immoral if not illegal.  Paypal states it is just a transfer medium but now is policeing things.  I use other sites with paypal and they don't hold funds.  What a stupid policy, now the unscrupulous buyers will look for low rating.  This is just a tactic so Paypal can collect interest on the money.  It shouldn't even take 3-4 business to transfer funds from my Paypal account to my bank.  ebay has been forgetting its customers and just thinking of the shareholders.  ebay let me know when you reverse the stupit holding funds policy then I may sell on your site again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I too am upset at ebays new policy of holding funds.  I have 100 percent feedback and 1896 feedbacks.  Most of that is buying for over ten years but i do sell once in awhile.  My seller feedback is excellent but because I don't sell enough my funds will always be on hold.  I think this is immoral if not illegal.  Paypal states it is just a transfer medium but now is policeing things.  I use other sites with paypal and they don't hold funds.  What a stupid policy, now the unscrupulous buyers will look for low rating.  This is just a tactic so Paypal can collect interest on the money.  It shouldn't even take 3-4 business to transfer funds from my Paypal account to my bank.  ebay has been forgetting its customers and just thinking of the shareholders.  ebay let me know when you reverse the stupit holding funds policy then I may sell on your site again.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

Ebay is holding OUR money...and for no good reason. Serfect 100% feedback and no money! Sellers pay through the roof fees for each sale plus PayPal transactions and yet get screwed again.

Even if you ship using Ebay you must wait days for your shipping cost....stupid!

Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

Well, YOU have good feedback, but maybe the buyer doesn't.  In some cases, they're likely holding the payment to make sure the money's good....

Please use plain text.
Community Member

YOU TOOK THE WORDS RIGHT OUT OF MY MOUTH..AND THIS STARTED ABOUT A WEEK AGO! I STILL HAVE NO ACCESS TO MY $$$$ EBAY SAYS ITS A PAYPAL ISSUE AND PAYPAL SAYS ITS A EBAY ISSUE..SO WHAT CAN WE DO? I THINK WE HAVE ENOUGH ANGRY SELLERS FOR A "CLASS ACTION LAWSUIT" IF THERE IS A LAWFIRM BRAVE ENOUGH TO TAKE ON THE "ALL MIGHTY EBAY/PAYPAL" MOBSTERS! THEY ARE KILLING ME!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

IT'S OUR $$$$ AND FYI.. AS LONG AS PAYPAL IS HOLDING OUR FUNDS,..EBAY WON'T GET THIER PAYMENT FOR MY SELLER FEES...SO THEY ARE ALREADY TARGETING MY ACCOUNT FOR SUSPENTION AND I HAVE NO CONTROL OF IT.. EBAY OWNS PAYPAL..THERE HAS TO BE A WAY FOR THEM TO GET THE PAYMENT..AND TO GIVE US OURS!!!!NOTHING IN THIS WORLD IS "COMPLETELY AUTOMATED" THERE IS ALWAYS A HUMAN BEHIND THE MASSIVE COMPUTER PREPAIRED TO UNPLUG IT.. I WANT TO UNPLUG EBAY RIGHT NOW.. CANT WE GO ON STRIKE OR SOMETHING?????????? THEY CANT RUN A SUCCESSFUL SITE WITH NO SELLERS!!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

i dont buy the BS, i have contacted ebay/paypal with only generic response.  think of the interest they make if they do this to only %10 of their custmers.  i have a buyer waiting for an item that he paid for, and i am waiting to ship. i am %100 positive feedback. and going to amazon and canceling ebay/paypal.

paypal is operating as a bank, it is our right to gain interest as well.

Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

Amazon has a similar policy: http://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.html?nodeId=1161282

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I too am very upset at Ebay. They don't need our money I guess. Everybody should boycott this crap!

Please use plain text.
Community Member

DON'T BE SOLD UP THE RIVER IT'S EVEN WORSE,A-Z claims will kill you,they will give refunds and the customer gets to keep your item.OPEN YOUR EYES PEOPLE THIS IS CALLED CORPORATE GREED.THEY ARE USED TO MAKING BILLIONS FROM US,SALES ARE DOWN THEY WILL NOT EXCEPT LESS.SO THIS IS THERE SOLUTION,HOLD OUR MONEY AND EARN INTEREST,OK THEY OWE YOU 79.00 NOW MULTIPLY THAT BY MILLIONS OF HOLDS THAT THEY ARE EARNING INTEREST ON.BBBBILLIONS YOUR COMPLAINTS ARE GOING TO DO NOTHING.WE AS SMALL SELLERS ARE SCREWED AND CORPORATE GREED WILL KEEP GETTING WEALTHIER.YOU BETTER PUT YOUR SEAT BELT ON AND HANG ON IT'S GOING TO BE A ROUGH RIDE FOR A VERY VERY LONG TIME

Please use plain text.
Community Member

We moved to Authorize.net for a new Gateway and are using a new card processor...takes a liitle bit of time but its well worth it. eBay use to be great for small business, but they do not understand small business needs...THEY DO UNDERSTAND THEIR NEEDS WHICH MOST AGREE IS BASED ON GREED.

OVER 14,000 HAPPY CUSTOMERS THAT LEFT ++++ POSITVE FEEDBACK...AND WE ARE JUST SECOND CLASS SELLERS TO EBAY

Please use plain text.
Community Member

i am also an ebay seller since 1999 with 3327 feedbacks....100% positive.   i have 750 in my paypal account that is being held hostage.   i cannot get my money, pay my fed ex bill or have xmas for my kids this year.     would anyone like to buy my 750 dollar paypal account for 700 bucks?

can they do this?   man, im in shock!!!!!   for some reason ebay hates it own sellers!

Please use plain text.
glenda
Community Member

Hi lopay

They'll generally release it 3 days after its confirmed as delivered.  Read here:  https://cms.paypal.com/us/cgi-bin/?cmd=_render-content&content_ID=security/paypal_holds_faq

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I think this policy is unfair as well. I proved my self to them. They are supose to review your account every 35 days but I have been selling for 4 months and they still hold my money. I have another problem that has me very upset...

I have been trying to reach a resolution with them for 12 days. Paypal paid my seller invoice fees for Dec. I also paid my fees (with a credit card) Ebay got paid twice. Now Paypal wants the money back (2 weeks later) and I have had the biggest nightmare over this. The facts. I paid my fees on the 17th. They are paid, but Ebay and Paypal keep trying to take money from my bank account and have me $114 overdrawn at my bank. Not to mention it took forever to figure out why since I paid my fees...So my bank wouldn't cover it but Paypal did? Now Paypal gave Ebay $219 which Ebay will NOT give back (to me or paypal) they applied it to my future bill which is NOT due until Feb 15th. So I have to wait a month to get reiembursed and I had to end up prepaying my invoice because they screwed up. Ebay told me yesterday they would credit my Paypal (since I had to pay them back) but I guess I have to WAIT till the next billing cycle is over to get my refund. I am so angry over this whole ordeal. I have been selling since last October with no problems at all. Perfect selling on my end, but I couldn't get anyone to help me with this. They talked to me like It was my fault, and I was stupid, and they lied to me about the credit. I payed my fees. I can't understand why their screwup cost me $219. I am also going to lose my bank account over this because I don't have $114 for the overdraft fees and they won't take them off. I had the funds in my Paypal accout on the 15th and it was specified to take them from Paypal. I had to vent. I would have wrote Ebay a letter but can't find an address and I am sick of calling when I get nowhere.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have 100% pos. feedback, ebay is holding funds till expected delivery date. Gave the buyer the option of cheaper shipping from Alaska so I get to wait 19 days to receive my $325 since my last sale was over 90 day ago.

Looking into alternative online auctions

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have 100% pos. feedback, ebay is holding funds till expected delivery date. Gave the buyer the option of cheaper shipping from Alaska so I get to wait 19 days to receive my $325 since my last sale was over 90 day ago.

Looking into alternative online auctions

Please use plain text.
Community Member

I have never posted here until now. But WOW I wish I had been posting my issues here all along. Too mad and not enough time to post problems I have seen. The sellers must be able to post problems with buyers and or rate them. Seems like with the economy maybe everyone is complaining so they can get their free ride on ebay. Seems like ebay buyers are starting to act like bottom of the barrel craigslist people.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

hi there so sorry to hear of this issue your having. they suspended me for 3 days, because they say i didnt say enough about my items. i had new shipments come in this week that my customers are wating for. it makes me look bad because i cant relist or put my new items in my store right now. not untill they lift this crap off of me. ive went to exstream to do right. and its not easy sometimes. i most of the time have close to 500 items to keep up with. im a new store owner of 70 days now. i wish you luck. and im so sorry there doing this to you. most of the time they make me wate 3 days for each of my sales to hit my bank. its crap that we have to not get our money when we have to ship asap

Please use plain text.
blomma2
Community Member

.......This is just a tactic so Paypal can collect interest on the money.  It shouldn't even take 3-4 business to transfer funds from my Paypal account to my bank.  ebay has been forgetting its customers and just thinking of the shareholders.  ebay let me know when you reverse the stupit holding funds policy then I may sell on your site again.

You are right. It has nothing to do with feedback or buyers. It is any excuse for Ebay to hold on to your money that they invest to collect interest. They must really be "hurting" for fund to pull this stunt.

They did it to me also though I can get some money back now in dribblets. $19 out of my $100. WOW!!

I have 2 more items listed in my store. After they end I won't be listing for awhile. I may also end my store and take advantage of those free 50 listings since I will have 12 free photos to add. I have all 4.9-5.0 stars. One neg since 2004. I will not give 14 days returns, nor will I state 1 day shipping although I often do. I always use Paypal shipping labels.

Ebay sure knows how to take fun out of selling.

Please use plain text.