eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support

eBay Community

THE ANSWER CENTER

The Answer Center is your place to ask fellow eBay Community members questions about buying and selling on eBay, and for you to share your best information, tips, and insights to help other members get answers to their own questions.

View All Questions

Choose a topic to view

GROUPS

Groups is a great place to connect with other community members who share similar interests. Give support, share information, and connect with fellow members. Create or join a Group today!

CHOOSE A GROUP TO VIEW

Announcements

The latest news and updates affecting eBay buyers and sellers

Go Now

EBAY COMMUNITY POLICIES

Our policies are designed to create a safe and fair environment for all eBay members. Learning what’s allowed can help you avoid unintentionally breaking the rules and helps everyone in working with reliable, trustworthy members.

Go Now
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 

My Profile

Welcome!
PEOPLE YOU FOLLOW

Connect with Fellow eBay Community Members!
Register or Sign In Today!

ripcord3
Community Member

Ebay Live Chat ? Where is It ?

Does anyone know why the live help chat is not on ? I keep getting the same message for the past 2 days now when i try and log in.

"We’re sorry, but chat isn’t available right now. Representatives are available from 5AM to 10PM Pacific Time, 7 days a week."

Im not able to call them so i can only talk to them through that chat.

Anyone know why ? It should be online acording to the hours they have posted there.
Please use plain text.
lmfboy
Community Member

Re: Ebay Live Chat ? Where is It ?

in reply to ripcord3
I call them and they said the live chat and e-mail support is not longer available. phone support only. lol
Please use plain text.
ripcord3
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3
wow really ? So what do the people do that are not able to call them ? What a crap company they are . They want money money money and have the worlds worst customer support i ever seen. You can't even email them with a problem.
Please use plain text.
city_of_lakes_vintage
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3
Another eBay untruth. I connected with Live Chat earlier today. I wanted to speak with them tonight but now that option is gone from the Customer Support page.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

They have to fix it. or com back from vacation. I have a problem and i need help

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

You are right. I think it'll be faster to get answer by email. Why I should call them having minor problem? Moreover if I have business trip and have no possibility to call them from China for example. What should I do? It'll be better for Ebay to safe their time and nerves to accept complaints by email. Perheps they have shortage of staff to work for. It makes me laugh such big company and have shortage of staff.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

suffered a lot. And I hope to have a better solution than a call soon.And I hope that it would not trade policy for the vendors from Asia.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

[ Edited ]
in reply to ripcord3

Im having the same problem ...I need to talk to a live person and cant get that done .....sucks...HELP

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

I came here looking for an answer to this same question. It is ridiculous to demand that you call ebay for assistance when this is an online company and many people can't make a phone call during their hours of availability, especially if a wait is involved, but they can chat with a customer service rep. It also seems that eliminating the chat option is only going to increase the burden on ebay's own employees who have to answer who knows how many more customer calls when most of them could have been handled in a 5 in online chat.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

To the poster above, not if they won't let you get through their automated recordings! They claim they have customer support options, but they really don't, not for everyone, not for most of ebayers. Such is a company that will go down the drains as soon as a viable competitor surfaces.

Please use plain text.
ted_200
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

I haven't seen much of Live Chat recently either... I think they want to phase out Live Chat and email, since their often incorrect help ends up with a written record that way.

No one ^^^ has said exactly what problem they need help with, but whatever it is I'd suggest posting your issue on the Seller Central Discussion Board.  The people over there know eBay policy much better than eBay CS, and you'll get an answer that is not only quick, but correct.  Even if your problem requires eBay's help to resolve, you'll want to know the policies involved BEFORE you contact them, so you can explain it to eBay.

in reply to ripcord3

So now there going to waist our minutes on our cell phones and cost us even more money?

I found out paypal was taking 2 cents every couple of weeks from my bank account.

If they do that with 2000 people or more. Thats alot of money!

If we sell something on ebay we shoulding have to suffer the paypal fees either

I had money sent to me buy a buyer straight to paypal and they charged $2.40 for service fees which is over 4% when there rates are 2.2%?

I think we need to fight them some how

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

Not only did they double charge me on paypal. but they also charged me several times for an item that did not sell.

For ever item not sold we dont have to pay listing fees? yeah right?

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

http://ocs.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ContactCS&ref=1&topicrelid=5007310130&sid=5182987583&convId=0&ContactCsResultsPage=true

new link to live chat

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

The above link is from the eBay.co.uk and they can't help a thing if you are registered with eBay.com. To bad!

Please use plain text.
cncinc
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

netflix does the same thing. calls only.

some companies are emails only. However ebay does a hybrid offering sometimes calls. emails or chats depending on volume, time of day, problem and the user.

the reason why calls are preferred as it cuts out any miunderstanding that might go back and forth in 20 emails... did you mean this? no I mean what!  what do you mean?  did you change your mind?  and so on...

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

Yeah,that makes me frustrated too.I used to call them about unfair feedback from thailand  which cost so much money and the staff who taked to me used very weird English accent. It took me  almost 2 minutes to tell her what my username is(very long)  not to mention the poor signal. and now I have limit on my selling and I have to call only ,really/ what's going on with this site?

Please use plain text.
cncinc
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

So much money to call from the Thailand?  Get a headset and s google voice account and make your calls for free

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

Ebay is going down, down, downhill.  When will another company replace FEEBAY ?

Please use plain text.
cncinc
Community Member

in reply to ripcord3

Why not get the paypal debit card to get 1% cash back on your fees? Also if you do a decent volume you can ask for a lower rate. like 2.5%   So 1.5% is hard to beat.     Amazon charges more to list so good luck there. If you can sell local, and run your own website too as it is pretty cheap, but other than that there isnt anything you can do but raise your prices.

Please use plain text.