cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Asking- necessary Listen 2 LP vinyl records before selling here?

Have tons of vinyl here.  Do I need to listen front & back to each & every record

I want to sell here?

Am NYC antique dealer and acquired many buying other items decades ago...

Never even saw them before.  Are just here taking up space on heavy duty shelves.

and dusty too.

Thanks for comments in advance...

Message 1 of 4
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

Never mind...
Nobody wants to answer...
Have thousands of records to sell & have difficulty getting started.
So they will continue to sit on shelves unplayed, not heard for immediate future.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 2 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

Never mind...
Nobody wants to answer...
Have thousands of records to sell & have difficulty getting started.
So they will continue to sit on shelves unplayed, not heard for immediate future.
Message 2 of 4
latest reply

@jewelbiz

I would just do a visual on them to be sure there are no apparent defects. (if they are already unsealed.)

If a buyer claims SNAD you will be refunding even if you had spent hours enjoying the sound of vinyl:)

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

Most do a visual and describe if they see scuffs, scratches or warping.  Look at it carefully in good light.  The best way to see a warp is to put on turntable but you can see it without turntable if it's really bad.  Describe any defects you see.  Also look at the jacket for ring wear, splits, writing, etc.  Some will play grade before selling and describe sound quality.  More time consuming but buyers like this if they are paying top dollar for somethng very collectible.  Photo graph front and back of cover, record front and back and any special features, such as booklet etc. 

Message 4 of 4
latest reply