cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Clive James' Fame in the 20th Century - old PBS documentary

video44-half
Enthusiast
Does anyone have a personal copy of this old PBS documentary? I contacted Clive James and his agent said no video copies were released because of "rights issues". I really liked the humor an it would be a great teaching tool for a movies & cinema class.
Message 1 of 29
latest reply
28 REPLIES 28

Looking for the same thing - did you ever have any luck?  Thanks.

Message 2 of 29
latest reply

I recorded it on VHS all 8 glorious hours of it. I need to transfer it to DVD

He was equipped with a piercing gaze that could reach all the way to the cheap seats, and twist a flapper's spit-curl into a frazzled pretzel"   About Rudolph Valentino. I love his cynical sense of humor. 

Message 3 of 29
latest reply

I would love to get a copy of it and will pay for a dvd set...loved it and been looking for years--I am in toronto canada

Message 4 of 29
latest reply

I am looking for a copy of this, particularly the 30's episode.  I have copies of the other episodes, but they aren't great.  Is it possible to get a copy from you?

Message 5 of 29
latest reply

Were you able to transfer those tapes to DVD? If so, I will buy a copy...

Message 6 of 29
latest reply

This post was almost seven years ago, but did you get Fame In The 20th Century with Clive James transferred to DVD? I would dearly love to get it. 

Tim Bowden 

Email" tim.bo@ozemail.com,au

Message 7 of 29
latest reply

Hi, sorry if this is repeated, but I had not joined up to eBay when I sent my last message, and it may not have got through.  Did you ever transfer Fame in the 20th Century to DVD? I would love to get a copy, even though your post was nearly 7 years ago. 

My user name is ti_bowd!

Message 8 of 29
latest reply

please telll me you can transfer this to dvd --would love to see again after a these years

randall

Message 9 of 29
latest reply

I'll buy a copy of Fame, VHS or DVD, whatever.  Anyone willing to sell one out there?

Thanks

Message 10 of 29
latest reply

Hi ,

I have transferred from VHS to DVD " Clive James Fame in the 20th century."

The DVD running time is 5 hrs. and 48 mins. Each show runs about 50 mins.

I believe I recorded the whole series , however I don't know.

It was recorded from PBS over 20 yrs. ago

If interesred let me know.

Thank you , mp719

Message 11 of 29
latest reply

Hello, mp719,

I'm interested in your DVD copy of Clive James' Fame in the 20th Century. I recorded it myself on VHS years ago but can't find it anymore. Please reply with price and terms.

Thanks, and have a great holiday!

Message 12 of 29
latest reply

Update: Found , the complete (8 episodes) of  "Fame in the 20th Century" on DVD transferred from VHS.

The 1st DVD has 7 episodes in chronological order however the 3rd episode is missing.

Found was a second DVD that has the missing 3rd episode from the 1st DVD , so this completes the

full 8 episode documentary.

Message 13 of 29
latest reply

Hi! Is it possible to get a set of Clive James' Fame in the 20th Century on DVD from you? Thanks!

Message 14 of 29
latest reply

Hi, I'm new to this discussion but I just happened to catch this link about the PBS series
and I too have been looking for a copy of this documentary ever since I first saw it on ch. 13 in the early 1990's. I know that the inquiries here are old but, as I said, I only just happened upon them recently in my search to locate this series. If you have a complete copy and are disposed to making copies available then kindly reply and let me know your terms. Thanks so much.
Message 15 of 29
latest reply