cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ending listing totally by mistake - eBay Listing Spring Cleaning

Ebay stating this process on last Friday at 3:00pm. and i have over 50 listing ended by mistake. 

i am selling products in ebay motor (auto parts & accessories) . they ended my listing clearly by mistake. 

example: we had post 3 Fog Light on 6/2/17. those 3 Fog Light are identical in application, except those 3 fog light Lens are in different finish (Clear, Amber Yellow, Smoke finish).

ebay was ended my listing and consider we are selling a duplicated listing.

Message 1 of 7
latest reply
6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

Well....I'm going to just throw this out FWIW.  If you were a small Seller with say,  20 Listings, it would be no big deal to have one listing for a fog light in clear and another in amber, etc. But you have over 22,000 Listings. I can't speak for Ebay but perhaps they desire that you "streamline" your Listings and consolidate items into one Listing with drop down menus for color choices. Do you have floor mats is 27 different colors and a seperate Listing for each one? 

I checked your Listings and will admit to only looking at the first page. Seems like I saw mercedes grill over and over and that overall most Listings were so similar that I felt I was looking at the same thing over and over. Just my .02 cents. I shop alot on Ebay. See very similar thing in other categories. Totally hate it. 14,500 Listings for the same Headlight bulb. One for this Harley....one for this Harley....and so on. All with the same part number. All with the same stock photo.......39 pages in a row. Nobody shopping wants to see that - 96

Message 2 of 7
latest reply

You should have been ok if the titles and pictures were different.  In other cateogories, one would have to use the Multi-variation listings to be compliant but we don't have them in EBM except for apparel & merchandise cateogories.

Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage - Demorestville / Toronto, Canada
Message 3 of 7
latest reply

No doubt, your listings were tagged by the bots.  As they have no ability to reason, they can only mis-construe. As afore mentioned....Actually use different photos.

Message 4 of 7
latest reply

we have been using different title, photo, SKU.  below is the example:

1) Listing Ended by eBay for no reaso or error, item just post on 6/2:

item# 311887336692

SKU & Manufacturer Part Number: MUR-FOGLIG-SW-FOR08RAN-SM (Original Posted)

Title: Smoke Lens Bumper Fog Light Lamp+Bulb+Switch For Ford 07+ Expedition/08+ Ranger

2) On Live 

item# 122530140146

SKU & Manufacturer Part Number: MUR-FOGLIG-SW-FOR08RAN-CH (Original Posted)

Title: Clear Lens Bumper Fog Light Lamp+Bulb+Switch For Ford 07+ Expedition/08+ Ranger

3) On Live

item# 311887336460

SKU & Manufacturer Part Number: MUR-FOGLIG-SW-FOR08RAN-AM (Original Posted)

Title: Yellow Amber Len OE Bumper Fog Light Lamp+Bulb+Switch For 07+ Expedition/Ranger

all 3 item with same application, same style, except fog light lens finish different (Smoke, Clear, Amber), each listing, photo name is different as well. Smoke style was ended by ebay.  All 3 listing was just posted on 6/2/17. nothing is violate the duplicate listing. someone in ebay as we talk, she claim our SKU is too similiar and lead ebay think that items maybe the same and ended our listing by mistake. they advice trying to change the SKU & MPN.  can anyone could help. i am still keep having listing end by eBay. now i have over 100 listing having the similiar situation

Message 5 of 7
latest reply

Have you actually called customer service?  This is just user to user out here.

Roblin's Garage - Classic Auto Salvage - Demorestville / Toronto, Canada
Message 6 of 7
latest reply

we had call customer service for few times already, all the eBay Rep agree that is a mistake, they even promised us will send us 48 notice if they need to end any more listing, however we are still getting more listing end. major hit happen on 6/2, 6/6 & 6/7. total we got about 200 listing end.
Message 7 of 7
latest reply