cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying unit thru ebay escrow

I had found a motor home for sale on Craigs list, I notyfied the Seller and told her of my interest with the unit, she advised me that all transaction , selling, shipping and money transfer would be handled by e-bay. According to the seller , I would recieve a form from ebay which in fact have all information as far as Buyers info, shipping address, etc. I assume this would be a transcation that fall under the heading, "Buying a unit thru e-bay escrow" I havent heard anything from ebay, and the unit is still listed for sale by owner. So have I been scamed, The seller does have a seller idntification no, thru ebay, so does this mean anyone can get a seller id no if your intentions are scam online.

Sincerely

Richard \

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

Yes, you have been scammed, sorry about that.

Craigslist and ebay are direct competitors, ebay has no escrow service and there is no motor home
Message 2 of 13
latest reply

There is no ebay escrow.

Yes you have been scammed.

There is no motor home.

There is no way to get your money back.

Yes, anyone can get an id on here and list a fake auction.

The seller is probably in Africa somewhere.

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

I used to have some sympathy for people who got scammed on some car, RV, or whatever. No more. These scams are so common and the first page on Craigslist plainly states "Avoiding Scams". The text under that title clearly spells out every angle used to bilk people and yet so many will zip right past that and start drooling over the vehicle being offered at a  1/4 of what it's worth.

They have the time to peruse ads and find the scam and the time to post questions after the fact but no time to read the avoiding scams bit.

These scams will never stop because there are too many impatient people whose greed convinces them they're getting the deal of the century.

Just like clay pigeons stacked in the rack before meeting their doom at the end of a 12 Gauge, people line up to get taken. Once that rack is emptied the next stack of clays goes in.........

Message 4 of 13
latest reply

@ripsmc wrote:

I used to have some sympathy for people who got scammed on some car, RV, or whatever. No more. These scams are so common and the first page on Craigslist plainly states "Avoiding Scams". The text under that title clearly spells out every angle used to bilk people and yet so many will zip right past that and start drooling over the vehicle being offered at a  1/4 of what it's worth.

They have the time to peruse ads and find the scam and the time to post questions after the fact but no time to read the avoiding scams bit.

These scams will never stop because there are too many impatient people whose greed convinces them they're getting the deal of the century.

Just like clay pigeons stacked in the rack before meeting their doom at the end of a 12 Gauge, people line up to get taken. Once that rack is emptied the next stack of clays goes in.........

I've felt the same way for a couple of years and a few months ago, I got chastised for it by several commenters and the pinks. I just can't see how people are that gullable to send money to someone they do not know or never have seen or touched the vehicle in person. Yes, there are warning signs on nealy every page.

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

Isn't that typical. Don't like the message so shoot the messenger.  😞

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

There is no money gone, and yes I know that there is no motor home. and yes I hope the person is laying undwe a elephant or deep in the belly of an Afican Anaconda....

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

You're one of the few with common sense so congratulations on not failing for that scam.

In another forum not related to eBay a lady told a sad tale about being scammed. She's a single mom of two with a missing deadbeat hubby and a car with a bad engine.

She found a "deal" and sent off a couple of grand which she had to beg, borrow, and scrape to get. The money and the fake seller disappeared and this poor woman was driven almost crazy with worry.

Some Good Samaritan stepped in since they were in the same area as the lady and said they would see if their church congregation could help her out with a vehicle of some kind. There was never a followup so one can only hope that it worked out for her.

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

ebay uses escrow.com, i Am going to see if the rv i want is real, i will be asking the seller to use escrow.com instead of the 3 cards for 500 dollars each, it is a nice rv though, i wish it was legit.
Message 9 of 13
latest reply

was this motorhome a 1999 fleetwood jamboree in sioux city iowa for 1500 dollars?
Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@kozy-cottage-crafting wrote:
was this motorhome a 1999 fleetwood jamboree in sioux city iowa for 1500 dollars?

This thread is 12 months old.

The OP has left the building. 

Btw stop communicating with your criminal scammer.

Read the replies that the OP received last year. 

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

ooops i thought it was dated 2017, thanks
Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@*help_no_brakes* wrote:

@kozy-cottage-crafting wrote:

This thread is 12 months old.

The OP has left the building. 

Btw stop communicating with your criminal scammer.

Read the replies that the OP received last year. 

.....And OP is probably still waiting for that motorhome to materialize.

They asked "Can anyone get an Ebay ID?"- LOL- they don't even get it....that someone out in cyberspace on CL or whatevercan claim that their "Ebay ID" is whatever they want it to be...since they're not communicating through Ebay! Just like when people ask "Was it a Sgt. Jane Smith?"......they even think the scammers are using their real names- they just don't get it- not even when asked to pay via iTunes git cards... 😞

Message 13 of 13
latest reply