cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

buying a car

I'm trying to buy a car.  This is the email I received back. Does this seem to be a scam?? Has anyone done this with success. Read below and let me know.

Hello again ,

Thanks for getting back to me. I will do my best to walk you through the process. The suv  is already at the shipping company from Livingston, MT ready to be delivered to it's future owner. My presence won't be necessary because I prearranged the deal with eBay. The deal includes free delivery and it will arrive in front of your door in max. 3 days. In addition, you get 5 days to inspect, drive and check the documents before actually deciding to keep it and if by any reason you don't like it, you can send it back at my expense and you will get a refund in less than 24h, but I assure you that you will 100% happy and satisfied. I believe this protects us both and it’s the right way to do it. The suv   will arrive with all the papers and documents (clear title, bill of sale, owner's manual and all the receipts that I have from it) to prove the ownership and to be able to register with no problem. If you're interested, please e-mail me your your full name, shipping address and phone number and I will forward them to eBay so they can send you more details on how this works. Please take into consideration that I will get paid only after you receive the sedan and make sure everything is as agreed.
Message 1 of 4
latest reply
3 REPLIES 3

buying a car

This is a SCAM and an old one at that. Good Luck to you.

Message 2 of 4
latest reply

buying a car

It's one of the most common scams around and judging by the number of tales of woe is one that too many people fall for.

Message 3 of 4
latest reply

buying a car

No, someone is REALLY going to sell you a mint vehicle for a fraction of it's real value, and spend $1500 on top of that to ship it to you- and of course, no one where they live wants such a great deal, so they have to advertise on the CL site for your area 2000 miles away. Yeah...sounds perfectly logical and legit! I'm sure the next time YOU sell a car, you'll do it that way.

Message 4 of 4
latest reply