Motors
Check out our tips and strategies for buying and selling all things auto.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Fake auto sensor with a fake 1 year guarantee

Last Oct I ordered a differential pressure sensor from an Ebay seller. I got it last fall and installed it in an effort to eliminate the P0401 error code my car's computer was registering. I also replaced other components that could have caused the p...

purchasing a car

how does the process work? I'm currently in the process of purchasing a vehicle from a young lady from facebook whos dealing with ebay to sell her car. I'm told thru an email from ebay, that i have to purchase ebay cards to complete a transaction. Ho...

Seller Failed to Honor 10-Year Warranty - I Was Refunded!

I had a suspension kit that I purchased here on eBay back in early 2022. I installed the parts, had a lifetime alignment done and it was dialed in perfectly. Earlier this year I started hearing suspension creaking and noise. The alignment shop took a...

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 4 replies
  • 0 helpful

How can I go about getting my money back?

I think it is a scam and I am a victim cause yesterday I had sent this person 800$ to purchase that 2006 dodge charger srt8 Red and still have not recieved a tracking number or anything and I googled to see if there is a military base in riverton uta...

User avatar by Enthusiast
  • 11 replies
  • 1 helpful

eBay Airbag Policy Issues (eBay Motors - Parts & Accessories)

Starting this morning a number of people in the seats category have been getting notifications stating:"Your listing was removed: Vehicle, parts, and accessories policy". The listings being removed are for seats, not airbags. While some seats contain...

Reproduction 70-81 Firebird A/C transition duct, who made it?

I'm trying to figure out who manufactured this reproduction 1970-81 Pontiac Firebird/Trans Am LH under column A/C transition duct. It is marked GP and the part number is 500068 (the original GM duct is part number 477722). Thanks in advance for any h...

20230705_120858_HDR~2.jpg 20230705_121205_HDR~2.jpg 20230705_121404_HDR~2.jpg

Divulging Name, Address, and Phone Number

I found a truck on Face Book for a steal. When I offered to pay cash I was told the vehicle is at the shipping company, they are selling through eBay, and asked for my name, address, and phone to register me as the buyer. Is this a scam? "Thank you f...

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 11 replies
  • 2 helpful

2nd Photo on Vehicles is a video, EVERY TIME

When I look at any vehicle, each one has this loud video with this guy in glasses staring at me. How does this help? The first time it's jarring, the 10th time annoying, the 100th time maddening. Please make it stop. Maybe just show it once?

User avatar by Pathfinder
  • 2 replies
  • 0 helpful

Ebay motors

Hello I found a nice car on Facebook and I contacted the person selling they said it is going threw ebay and I got a ebay invoice from this emailebay-motors@paypoint-dept.comIs this a scam or real ?  

Screenshot_20230406-165345_Gmail.jpg Screenshot_20230406-165352_Gmail.jpg

Buyer failed to pay

Buyer failed to pay after the item was purchased. This was the second time this happened with this buyer. As a result my listing was deleted. And, when I cancelled as a result of non-payment my listing was not reinstated at no charge as it should hav...

Vintage Auto Parts Category now missing from eBay Motors... horrible shame - my customers are fuming

Does anyone else sell classic car, truck, and motorcycle parts on eBay? Over the past decade or more I have sold quite a bit through this specific category and now eBay has taken it away, trying to move to a different model. While this does not affec...

Selling VIN and Cowl Tags Should be Illegal

I find it interesting that you can buy VIN and cowl tags on eBay for certain "preferred" vehicles. I cannot come up with a reason to buy those other than to fake a vehicle. Should selling these items be illegal?

User avatar by Trailblazer
  • 28 replies
  • 0 helpful
Most Marked as Helpful Authors