cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Just had my worst experience on ebay when dealing with seller.

Just had my worst experience on ebay when dealing with seller.  Started out by the item (fuel injectors for my daughters car) being located in California with an estimated delivery in 7 days.  Injectors did not arrive for a few weeks.  I was told the injectors were out of stock even though it was listed with quantity available and was shipping from China.  That's when I noticed that seller's profile states the location as China.  He lists some of his parts in California, don't know if this true, mine was not.  Corresponded several times through ebay.  Finally got the injectors and installed them.  They worked for about week before the car started flooding.  Replaced the injectors with an old set and the car runs fine.  Contacted seller to see if they wanted the injectors back and if they would give me a refund or replace them.  They told me they have no record of selling me the injectors.  We have corresponded about 15 times over 4 weeks and that's the only answer I get.  I even notified him of the issue by replying to the previous messages about the delayed delivery.  Due to the delayed delivery and the messages about "we are trying to find your order", the time has been too long for ebay to do anything about it.

Message 1 of 17
latest reply
16 REPLIES 16

This is why you should always click on the Seller's feedback...which shows the country of registration.

Then click on the negatives...I would not have bought from that Seller if you gave me the money.

Now you are dealing with the typical stalling tactic used by China based sellers.

You can try filing with PayPal & pay return shipping...is it worth it?

Message 2 of 17
latest reply

Were you seduced by the far cheaper than comps price?  That's a big ol' red flag-

Message 3 of 17
latest reply

Years back, I needed a speedometer cable. Parts store did not have the exact part on hand, but "This is cheaper and will fit". It did not fit.

Went to the dealer and the guy had two prices: "I can sell you a cheap one that won't fit, or the expensive one that will fit". Hum, lemme think on that. I bought the expensive one, over the counter, with a receipt, it fit, and worked.

Message 4 of 17
latest reply

Elmsford, that reminds me of the old.....

Guy walks into a junkyard and says I need a framis valve.

Counter guy says: "We have 'em. $50."

Guy says "Place down the road only charges $30 for 'em".

Counter guy says: "Why don't you buy it there, then?"

Guy says: "They're out of stock".

Counter guy says: "Well when they're out of stock here, we only charge $25!"

Message 5 of 17
latest reply

So if the car runs fine on the old injectors I have to wonder what kind of complaint and diagnosis led to ordering a full set of new injectors?

An intermittent which may rear its ugly head again sometime soon?

Message 6 of 17
latest reply

He said it runs fine on an old set of injectors, not the old injectors, or bad injectors. I read over it a few times myself.

Message 7 of 17
latest reply

I read that as well.

Message 8 of 17
latest reply

@mr.elmwood wrote:

I read that as well.

So did I! What are the chances? (Well, actually, someone 'splained it to me with finger puppets and flashcards....)

Message 9 of 17
latest reply

This is similar to my experience on E Bay i now buy only if i cannot buy any where else . I bought a Cylinder head from a company once they realized i was buying and shipping from Trinidad west indies they sent me a cracked, old, dirty and very damaged cylinder which cost me over 300 pounds and had to be disposed off The fact is the company knew that it would take over a month to reach me they said the part was shipped from london then shipped it from Latvia It would normaly take two weeks from London By boat by the time I received it it was just over a month and ebay refused to help as a month had passed i was not even given an opportunity to leave a feedback 

I write to warn buyers of these scammers who will collect your money on ebay and you have no recourse you can do nothing about it and sellers are aware of that and use the 30 day rule to scam you.

Message 10 of 17
latest reply

I'm soured by sellers on eBay being jerks. I will pay more money for an item than buy car parts on eBay.  There are very few things I buy on eBay these days, too many other websites where I can buy autoparts quicker, better, and cheaper.

I stopped buying from Canadian sellers years ago after he sent me broken items made of glass. He didn't pack the items correctly and wouldn't refund. Insured yes, but nearly impossible to collect.  I sent the broken items back with extra ballast and insufficient postage. he got suckered into paying for the box and sent me a nasty email. I returned an email with only "LOL!"

Message 11 of 17
latest reply

You are so right I have stopped buying on EBay companies knows how to scam you and eBay will not help you are lucky to get your money back I lost over 300 pounds to these crooks and they are still promenent on eBay 

Message 12 of 17
latest reply

I BOUGHT A CADCO OVEN VERY EXPENSIVE SELLER STATED LOOKS TO OF BEEN USED ONLY COUPLE TIME. WELL WHEN I GET IT IT HAS BEEN USED BY A DENTIST TO STERILIZE HIS TOOLS HAS A FUNKY SMELL FROM DISINFECTANT USED ON HIS TOOLS WHICH WOULD NEVER GO AWAY AND USED DAILY FOR TEN YEARS STERILIZING DENTISTS TOOLS. I SENT IT BACK AT MY LOSS OF 50 BUCKS AND NOW AWAIT FOR MY REFUND. WORST EXPERIENCE IN MY 18 YEARS WITH EBAY. I AM NOW REAL CAUTIOUS AND WILL ASK MANY QUESTIONS. WOULD U COOK FOOD IN A OVEN USED TO STERILIZE DENTISTS TOOLS. GROSS ME OUT PLUS THE FUNKY SOAPY DISENFECTANT SMELL THAT WOULD GO NEVER GO AWAY. PLUS IT WAS HALF WORN OUT NOTHING LIKE USED ONLY A COUPLE TIMES..

Message 13 of 17
latest reply

You just posted in the wrong place friend.

Message 14 of 17
latest reply

Zombie thread.

Message 15 of 17
latest reply