cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Is This a Fraud Scam by a Craigslist Scammer?

We are looking at buying a travel trailer from this lady.

She is emailing me with the name Caroline Hunley.

In response to my email asking for more information, this is her response back to me...

The camper is at the shipping company in Jackson, MS sealed and ready for shipping. I have a contract with ebay so this deal must go through them.
According with ebay you have 5 days from the time you receive the camper to inspect it and decide if you want to keep it or not.

Here is how it will work:
First of all,I will forward them your info
They will process your info and send both of us invoices. On the invoice you will find all the instructions on how to complete the transaction.
Once the payment is completed the shipping process will be started( on my cost I repeat). After you receive the camper you will have 5 days to test and verify it.

If you decide to keep the vehicle, ebay will release the money to me and our transaction is complete.
If, by any reason, you won't be satisfied with the camper ( even though I can assure you that it is exactly as described), you can return it at my expense for a full refund of your money, no questions asked.

I felt it best to inquire with you here at Ebay when something seems to be better than real.

Thank you so much for looking into this!

~Bichon_Buzz

Message 1 of 13
latest reply
12 REPLIES 12

@bichon_buzz

You found a scam on craigs list, ebay has nothing to do with craigs list.

If you can't touch the car, kick the tires, and take it for a spin.

There is no car, it's a scam

Message 2 of 13
latest reply

Very common scam.

There is no trailer.

If you send money you will lose it all.

Good luck

Message 3 of 13
latest reply

She is trying to sell me a motor home....does not sound legit
Message 4 of 13
latest reply

Of course it isn't legit!

Message 5 of 13
latest reply

I just want to let everyone know that if you get an invoice check the email they send you. Also, why buy a car without seeing it in person first, that shouldve gave you guys a sign thats it is fraud. The fraud email is checkout@secured-programs.com one of the person i have emailed has the email. Someone has to stop these people cause this is not funny at all and they need to grow up and find a job rather than try to steal peoples money. 

Message 6 of 13
latest reply

@luciveli wrote:

I just want to let everyone know that if you get an invoice check the email they send you. Also, why buy a car without seeing it in person first, that shouldve gave you guys a sign thats it is fraud. The fraud email is checkout@secured-programs.com one of the person i have emailed has the email. Someone has to stop these people cause this is not funny at all and they need to grow up and find a job rather than try to steal peoples money. 

Why check the email? If you get such an invoice, it is fake, since the real Ebay does not operate that way? But then, if someone believes that they are going to get a mint low-mileage beautiful vehicle for "$2305"....with free shipping, no less, and  they think it is perfectly acceptable to pay for such transactions through iTunes gift cards, I guess there is no helping them......

Message 7 of 13
latest reply

@legitimate_bidder wrote:

@luciveli wrote:

Why check the email? If you get such an invoice, it is fake, since the real Ebay does not operate that way? But then, if someone believes that they are going to get a mint low-mileage beautiful vehicle for "$2305"....with free shipping, no less, and  they think it is perfectly acceptable to pay for such transactions through iTunes gift cards, I guess there is no helping them......

That's a lot of copies of Guardians of the Galaxy 2!

Message 8 of 13
latest reply

@euramtec wrote:

@luciveli wrote:

That's a lot of copies of Guardians of the Galaxy 2!

I take it that's a video game? (I'm completely out of touch with popular culture....)

LOL! I'd make a lousy scammer. I'd be saying something like: "Payable in 8,000 Atari cartridges or 3 pinball machines"..... 😄

Message 9 of 13
latest reply

Ask the seller for a phone number, any legit seller would provide it, but these scammers will say they are out of the country and can't be reached or some bullsh@t story.

Truth of the matter is, they are out of the country, probably Nigeria.

Message 10 of 13
latest reply

@toni9529 wrote:

Ask the seller for a phone number, any legit seller would provide it, but these scammers will say they are out of the country and can't be reached or some bullsh@t story.

Truth of the matter is, they are out of the country, probably Nigeria.

You can't even go by that now-a-days- many of the scam ads now even include phone numbers. Scammer gets a MagicJack or cell phone with a number in the part of the country where he is advertising, and texts with the potential buyer. Of course, they never actually speak on the phone, 'cause then you'd hear that "Sgt. Susan Smith" is really a dude who sounds like Apu from The Simpsons....

The best way to identify these scams is by the ridiculously low prices they advertise. In real life you don't get a mint $10K car for less than what that same car would go for with three times the mileage and train-wrecked, if it were at a salvage auction- and with free shipping, to boot!

Message 11 of 13
latest reply

In real life you don't get a mint $10K car for less than what that same car would go for with three times the mileage and train-wrecked, if it were at a salvage auction- and with free shipping, to boot!

Unless that car was a Chrysler vehicle imported into the US from Canada without a factory warranty. laughing

Message 12 of 13
latest reply

@ujokinme wrote:

In real life you don't get a mint $10K car for less than what that same car would go for with three times the mileage and train-wrecked, if it were at a salvage auction- and with free shipping, to boot!

Unless that car was a Chrysler vehicle imported into the US from Canada without a factory warranty. laughing

Awww, well...people who buy Chryslers have already been scammed! 😉

Message 13 of 13
latest reply