eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop now
Community Member

Dallas Car Sharks and Texas Car Wars, anybody watchin?

Saw a few episodes of the newest car flippin show, Dallas Car Sharks. Thought it wasn't half bad as it seemed to be more true to life. Scenes are filmed at a real car auction, the Lone Star Auto Auction, then it follows a few of the dealers as they work on the cars they bought. They give a price they think the car will eventually sell for, but to me it seems pretty high. Still, it seem more realistic than the Texas Car Wars where dealers buy cars out of junkyards to flip.

Please use plain text.
mr.elmwood
Community Member

Re: Dallas Car Sharks and Texas Car Wars, anybody watchin?

in reply to atikovi
I do not even know how to turn the TV on.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to atikovi

one of the junk yard derelict to hollywood star rebuilder shows was amusing. they'd start with a  rust out, like weld in a floor pan from whatever scrap sheet metal was laying around. then claim the car was "restored". and then asked real car prices. i wonder if the saps that were filmed "buying" those stoves were inmates at a mental institution.

Please use plain text.
mr.elmwood
Community Member

in reply to nosnevada
Kinda like fixing a '56 Buick with the hood from a Pontiac. Hillbilly resto-mod.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mr.elmwood

Whoa tread lightly mr Elm wood.lol. Just got new belts and hoses for the 56 buick wagon.I am still waiting for the call back for the exhaustem in Knoxville for the wagon.Bruce.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to atikovi

Atikovi, do you still have your 56 chevy nomad?Did you see the 56 nomad FAST AND LOUD they built for Dale JR. I thought the car looked nice before they tore in to in.Just sayin.Bruce.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to atikovi

No. There's enough staged car show carp to last a lifetime.

Those Fast and Loud guys are some of the worst. There's doesn't seem to be any amount of rust that is off limits to them and much of it is covered up by new paint and interior trim.

Catch the 56 Nomad as it was rolled into the interior shop? Shiny green and silver on the outside with what looked like a solid coat of rust on the inside. I wonder what that Nomad will look like 5 years from now when the rust is eating its way through the paint.

Besides, those F and L guy butcher up too many originals for my taste.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to ripsmc

I had a Nomad? Cool. Wish I could remember it.

Please use plain text.
mr.elmwood
Community Member

in reply to atikovi

Too much snake wranling for Bruce. He has you mixed up with Arkie. So, no, ya don't have a Nomad. Ya got that chick killer Corvette however.

Please use plain text.
arkiehotrods
Community Member

in reply to ripsmc

I still have my '56 Nomad and mine is still red & white, unlike the poor Nomad butchered on Fast & Loud.  I had not seen the show but saw the preview about the Nomad and Dale, Jr. so I watched it.  All I can say is what a hokey show and what a waste of Nomad.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to arkiehotrods

Sorryabout the mix up i meant you Arikie.Bruce

Please use plain text.
jr-41ford
Community Member

in reply to ripsmc

ripsmc wrote:

No. There's enough staged car show carp to last a lifetime.

Those Fast and Loud guys are some of the worst. There's doesn't seem to be any amount of rust that is off limits to them and much of it is covered up by new paint and interior trim.

Catch the 56 Nomad as it was rolled into the interior shop? Shiny green and silver on the outside with what looked like a solid coat of rust on the inside. I wonder what that Nomad will look like 5 years from now when the rust is eating its way through the paint.

Besides, those F and L guy butcher up too many originals for my taste.

The first couple of times I watched Fast and Loud, it was decent. As it went on, it just got worse, especially the Ferrari shows. I turned it on last week, wasn't good, changed channels.

I do like watching Counting Cars, haven't seen the Dallas Car Sharks and Texas Car Wars. There is a show about a group of drag racers from Oklahoma, seen three shows and hsven't seen it since and I can't remember the name of it.

Please use plain text.
honestdom
Community Member

in reply to jr-41ford

JR the Name of that Show is Street Outlaws & Most of the Cars in it Run BBC with Nitros putting out about 1500 Hp

and if you ever watch it Most of the Cars Have Parachutes on them

which means they Run at some kind of Drag Strip because NHRA says any

Car that runs over 150 Mph has to have a Parachute

Just my 3.3 cents

Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom

Street Outlaws, while they have some fast cars, is also faked and they are not racing on the streets illegally. Most of it is done at night on small local airports with prior approval.

I think one episode was filmed on a street in El Reno by the Federal prison after the police closed it off for them but the others were done on airfields.

The Pauls Valley, Oklahoma newspaper even had an article about the airport there being used as one of those alleged streets they run on with Pauls Valley being about 50 miles south of Oklahoma City.

Please use plain text.
inuk_the_polar_bear
Community Member

in reply to ripsmc
Like that Moonshiners show that was on. I got to thinking of how they could be filming and advertising that which is illegal. The whole thing was fake, including a disclaimer that it was fake.

Filming illegal street racing and one thing goes wrong. The lawsuits would be what?

If it was my town? I would run these clowns out so fast they would have no idea what happened.
Got Woodie®
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to atikovi

Two other auto related shows I can think of. God, Guns and Automobiles about a used car lot in the Midwest is just boring and the stuff they do is plain stupid. Wheeler Dealers about a pair of Brits buying, fixing and flipping semi-classic cars in England is probably one of the better programs of its type.

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to inuk_the_polar_bear

"If it was my town? I would run these clowns out so fast they would have no Idea what happened"

I survived the muscle car years and stupid close encounters when some of my friends didn't.

These shows that could inspire younger unskilled drivers with unprepared run of the mill average cars to repeat their high speed actions leave me shaking my head.

I guess a show about teching your car out correctly for as safe as possible runs at a sanctioned track would be too boring.

Please use plain text.
mr.elmwood
Community Member

in reply to historicallysignificantchevrolet

TV does not influence the terminally stoo-pid? I'll just bet. "I saw it on TV so it must be true"

Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to mr.elmwood

mr.elmwood wrote:

"I saw it on TV so it must be true"

That only applies to the internet., not the TV. Don't you know nuttin Mr.E.?

Please use plain text.
inuk_the_polar_bear
Community Member

in reply to atikovi

But! But! But! what about Yogi Bear and Boo Boo. What about Maxwell Smart. What about F Troop.

What the heck! Why is my question mark turned off.

What about NFL Football. What about presidential elections. Is that all made-up as well.

Got Woodie®
Please use plain text.