cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can Anyone Identify These Vintage Cal Custom Handle Things??

I have 10 of these new old stock Cal Custom Hawk kits, I can't find any info on them as to what they fit or what they're actually used for. The handles are about 12" long, all of the hardware and handles are stainless steel. There is a stock number on the box 21250720-2100, but no other numbers. Anybody got any ideas???

Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Those are support bars for a 1987 Volvo 740 GLE wagon.  Volvo equipped those cars with extra large grab handles due to the extra power on the 16-valve engne and balance shaft.

Very rare.

Message 2 of 11
latest reply

Wow

Message 3 of 11
latest reply

Use your search engine.

Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I've tried, but can't find a thing about them. I thought maybe someone out there might have seen something like them. 

Message 5 of 11
latest reply

They are either boat or swimming pool related. I'm saying boat. Stainless bolts and nuts. Closed nuts, no sharp edges.

Message 6 of 11
latest reply

Exactly what I was thinking, but I haven't been able to find anything Cal Custom made for boats. 

Message 7 of 11
latest reply

My guess......generic assisit handles for boats?????

Message 8 of 11
latest reply

Thanks for the ideas, anyone else seen these?

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

I'm about out of ideas. They kind of resemble passenger grab handles for old Harley Buddy seats or Indian Chummee seats.

The part throwing me off is the residual pieces including those 4 hex eccentrics.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

Yeah, that's the weird part. Those hex eccentrics fit into the holes on the stainless brackets (the parts with the blue protective coating) and I thought maybe the brackets would clamp over something then the eccentrics could be turned to "cinch" it tight, kind of like the old luggage carriers used to clamp onto the roof gutters on cars back in the day. Then there are the cast aluminum pieces with large groove down the center, the groove is smaller than the grab bars, they're made to clamp over some tubular item like a bike frame or truck mirror, but I can't figure it out. I'm still hoping somebody will see this and say, oh yeah, I know what those are! Thanks for your help!

Message 11 of 11
latest reply