cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

03 G.M.C. Envoy bad hub bearing????

Hi guys .I have an 03 envoy and am getting a roaring noise up by the pass.side wheel and it is getting louder.How can I tell if its a bad hub bearing? New tires have been on the truck for a few months and look to be wearing fine.Any ideas? Thanks in advance. Bruce.
Message 1 of 10
latest reply
9 REPLIES 9

Bruce, jack it up and spin it by hand or take it off and inspect it. About the only thing I can think of. 

Message 2 of 10
latest reply

Thanks J.R. I just watched a you tube on it and it has the same noise.I am pretty sure that is what it is going to turn out to be.Thanks Bruce.

Message 3 of 10
latest reply

Just going through this on 2006 Saturn Vue. If yours is full time AWD you can't spin the wheel fast enough to tell. Ususally a change in sound as you load the wheel when turning right or left is a good way to find out, but I just replaced the right front based on that but it didn't change anything. And that was a job from hell.

Message 4 of 10
latest reply

I needed to replace a bearing recently. If you have a bad one then you better not be driving that truck. If it ceases up you'll regret that. Just sayin'.
Message 5 of 10
latest reply

If it sounds like a universal going bad it's the bearings. When they start to go bad the first thing that happens is the ABS sensor starts rubbing. No ABS liight?

Message 6 of 10
latest reply

Hi Guys.It sounded like it was the pass.side bearing going bad but turned out it was the drivers side.I jacked it up and there was no movement at all.I pulled the hub off and tried moving it.It was still tight but dry an a drum in side and you could fell it was dry and rough.I guess 274,000 miles is bad hu?LOL. Next check i will replace the pass side.Thanks for all your in put.Bruce.

Message 7 of 10
latest reply

P.S. the hub had a sensor but didnt throw a code? Bruce.

Message 8 of 10
latest reply

Yep. Change them both.

Message 9 of 10
latest reply

Will do Mike.Bruce.

Message 10 of 10
latest reply