cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the ugliest motorcycle ever made?

With all of the heated debates going on lately, I thought I would start a thread on a nice neutral topic.

What is the ugliest motorcycle ever to come out of a factory?
Message 1 of 324
latest reply
323 REPLIES 323

Hey, what a great link! Can you imagine a Sportster "scooter?"

And the Silver Wing will still eat it! Oh, those Harley riders are going to be mad! LOL

(All in good fun, now, guys--you all know I'm saving for an Ultra.....)
Message 76 of 324
latest reply

anyone ever saw a Neracar? they were made in the late teens or early twentys if i remember right.there is one on display (or was) at the Norwich NY car museum.I will try to find a pic or link cause they are UGLY
Message 77 of 324
latest reply

dr.springer
Enthusiast
Saw a guy riding one at AMA Vintage Days a couple years ago. It may be ugly but it definately got my attention!
Message 78 of 324
latest reply

jpl3889
Enthusiast
Any motorcycle with a windshield, heated handgrips, stereo,CB antenna, fairing, neon lights, automatic transmission, electric start, cigarette lighter, bolt-on chrome, side car, trailer hitch, cruise control, etc. This ain't no bike folks-Buy a convertible
Message 79 of 324
latest reply

chase200mph
Thrill-Seeker
Amen, you forgot to list horns, hate those horns too. Naked bikes are both art and extent ions of the rider, dressed bikes are not, they maybe extensions of a riders personality, but could never replace being part of the total experience of being one with a machine IMO.

Message 80 of 324
latest reply

jpl, when I was young and stupid I thought windshields were for wimps. A simple windscreen keeps a lot of people "in the wind" that wouldn't be otherwise, including me. And the trailer hitch, oh, the things you can take with when you have a trailer hitch....like a garage for your bike!!

Message 81 of 324
latest reply

jpl3889
Enthusiast
I'm not young and I'm not stupid but after looking at that pic-I rest my case. Does it have a steering wheel?
Message 82 of 324
latest reply

chase200mph
Thrill-Seeker
I ride naked (the bikes naked not me, green peace would tow me back out to sea if I did), and I will until I can’t hold a expression that the discomfort doesn’t bother me, oh of course I’m old and it does bother me, but as long as I doesn’t look like it does.
This post has a 56.6 Flesch reading ease assessment for the post monitor....lol have to pick on him because he just took delivery of an awesome bike...hehehehehe
Hey tri, I have some new hacks saws and particle cut off wheels so you can come over and I can fix up your bike for ya....just kidding. :-x
Message 83 of 324
latest reply

Hey, guys, the 44,000 miles on a hardtail chopper in the '70's is why now I need a windshield. Back surgery isn't so fun. Neither is sleeping on the damp ground with Arther Itis for a tentmate! LOL
Message 84 of 324
latest reply

chase200mph
Thrill-Seeker
Can you say “Ladies and Gentlemen, my kidneys have left the building”! Hardtails are definitely for hard tails all right, and no one is going to fault you for choosing to save your back and to keep riding Tri.
I am just ribbing you is all. I remember this seat, it was home made and looked like it was built for this bike, the trouble was that the carriage bolts wore through the tougher part of the padding (what there was of it.) The rounded end of these bolts would dig right into both sides of the hipbone, to this day I claim that it was the wind that made my eyes tear, but it really was that damn seat. This seat did its damage, and some day I expect to need medical attention for it, but it looked so cool Tri.
A rear-bobbed fender, real close to the seat can wake a fella up as well, doesn’t take long to wear out your 501’s should you end up to far back. Oh well you know what they say, chicks dig scars.
In an adjacent thread we came upon the topic of the Boss Hoss and I see a ton of stuff I could chop off, re-engineer to clean that bike up, to bad their so spendy, to bad the non-spendy ones (older bikes) are not so hot of a bike. The alternator hangs on the lower left side near the ground, why don’t they use a water pump with the alternator built into it and eliminate the eye sore.

Ride free, not for free...
Message 85 of 324
latest reply

chase200mph
Thrill-Seeker
Whoops, the alt hangs on the lower right side...
Message 86 of 324
latest reply

sailsbydave
Enthusiast
Pretty is as pretty does. I don't think there is a ugly motorcycle. None of them lean the wrong way in turns like four wheeled vehicles. I love bikes that perform nicely and hate them when they give trouble. I don't want them noisy. That is a little like walking around and yelling "Hey everybody!! Look at me." Looks? Who cares. I'm in it for the ride.
Message 87 of 324
latest reply

chase200mph
Thrill-Seeker
I don't want them noisy. That is a little like walking around and yelling "Hey everybody!! Look at me." Looks? Who cares. I'm in it for the ride.

I see the noisy ones as I see all bikes; I see them as extensions of their owners. There’s the bolt on guys/gals (GG’s), the rolling couch GG’s, crotch rocket GG’s, Chops and on and on...but your right, the ride is what makes or breaks it, for whatever the reason. The one thing everyone in here has in common is the love to ride.
Message 88 of 324
latest reply

The ugliest motorcycle in the world has to be the Honda Rune. Honorable mention: Any purple Suzuki from the mid-90's.
Message 89 of 324
latest reply

Hey guys & gals, how are things? I am in Portland Maine on a business trip. On the way back to my hotel I came across an awesome HD Dealer called Big Moose Harley. Lots of cool bikes and lots of gear. I picked up a few shirts and browsed for over an hour.

They have a ton of old biking photos all over the walls with guys and gals enjoying their old Harleys. Great history captured for all to remember. They also had lots of old riding gear like gloves, leather helmets, goggles and kidney belts (I was thinking about you Trident).

After that I stopped at a Ducati dealer and checked out some great rides. Someday, maybe I will have a red headed girlfriend to go with the other bikes.

I have long wanted to attend the Laconia Rally AND races, but this trip has convinced me it has to be soon. I need to come down here again next year on business so it will probably be in June and I will be bringing one of the Glides (hehe)

Hope all is well with everyone, especially our gal HL4M. Many good thoughts going in her direction.

Chase, thanks for the heads up on the spelling ranking, I'm in too good a mood to bother checking. lol
Message 90 of 324
latest reply