cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the ugliest motorcycle ever made?

With all of the heated debates going on lately, I thought I would start a thread on a nice neutral topic.

What is the ugliest motorcycle ever to come out of a factory?
Message 1 of 324
latest reply
323 REPLIES 323

I like big bikes and lots of cylinders, but I have to admit that this one does nothing for me.

http://www.bigbikeriders.com/48cyl.htm
Message 31 of 324
latest reply

rusty_on_drums
Enthusiast
I'll bet that thing keeps your legs WARM!!!
Message 32 of 324
latest reply

LOL, it took me a couple of weeks to find this brochure I had saved years ago, but this is by far the "ugliest" motorcycle! It's a picture of the first one I had, a Yamaha TwinJet 100 !

Message 33 of 324
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
LOL... That's almost exactly my first bike! Mine was actually a 1965 80cc single but the similarities are many.

Thanks Trident for bringing back that memory!
Message 34 of 324
latest reply

A possible 70 mph laying down over the handlebars and going downhill!!! I traded it off for my first car in 1968, a 63 Chev BelAir.
Message 35 of 324
latest reply

The ugliest motorcycle in the world has to be the Harley Davidson Fat Boy. From its bloated front fork to its solid wheels. This thing is a blimp. The Fat Boy kind of reminds me of the Spruce Goose. Almost everyone looked at it and thought there was no way it would fly. It was too heavy and underpowered. But sure enough it did fly. The Fat Boy looks so heavy, I'm suprised it can even move. Why would anyone pay over sixteen grand for that 666 pound monstrosity?
Message 36 of 324
latest reply

Its not the fork thats bloated , its the wheel and fender that looks fat, and the paint A lot of metric cruiser forks are starting to look a bit like this one. The wheel , fender and other parts are Optically heavy. As Willie G would say , its the lack of real estate around the frame that makes it look heavy !!..LOL That is the same fork as a Heritage softtail and EGlide used but they do look different on this model.

For years and years before the Fatboy came out the style here was fat tires on a wideglide, and I just hated it. Most of the bikes ran them along with ugly often chromed flat fenders on them ..yucck!! They called them Steamrollers and Catsquashers!!

Then a fellow named I believe Luc Dufor at harley of Montreal put a similar(to Fatboy) bike together and Harley actually adopted it as a model for many years.

Gotta go to BLIMPIES for a burger..later..dodogas
Message 37 of 324
latest reply

Gee, the FatBoy is 84 pounds lighter than a Kawasaki Vulcan (750lbs.).
Message 38 of 324
latest reply

Better not check the weight on a CBX, looks like its pretty close to EL BLIMPO, except that it is 250 cc smaller. I found conflicting weights for it but both were over 600 lbs , one was over 670 , these were with full tank of gas.

One of the Whizzers we were racing was I think 75 lbs wet.

I have a Cimatti moped that is fairly ugly IMO. Ome time we ran it on the dyno at an event..we made 1.7 at the rear wheel. Sadly I was informed later that i was out done by a Harley starter motor turning an engine over!!...LOL
Message 39 of 324
latest reply

chimpster1
Enthusiast
What a great question! In my mind it has to be the Amazonas. Does anyone know anything about these monsters? From what I've heard and seen, someone in Brazil had the idea to marry aftermarket Volkswagon engines and something resembling a badly designed Goldwing chassis to the effect of one of the heaviest and hard to handle touring machines ever produced. I admire the idea, but the finished product, well...
Message 40 of 324
latest reply

I was just kidding about thinking that the Fat Boy is ugly. I actually think it is the best looking Harley. I just thought I'd put that out there to clear the pallet.
Until yesterday, I thought the Honda Rune was the ugliest thing ever made. They had one on display at Tousley Motorsports. The front fork and exhaust pipes look hideous in photos. However, I must admit, when I saw one up close it actually looked very cool. I have never before seen anything that looked so bad in photos look so good in person. I still wouldn't pay $25,000 for it. For that price I'd get a Fat Boy and an FZ1.
Message 41 of 324
latest reply

Chimpster1, I must agree with you that the Amazonas is not an attractive motorcycle. I found a photo of one on http://amazonas.50megs.com/

The Brazilians are not the only ones who thought it would be a good idea to put a VW engine in a motorcycle. Although I think the Amazonas was the only one to roll out of a factory.
Here are three Swedes and their VW bikes:

Even the Russians have one. It is called the "Mig".

Message 42 of 324
latest reply

chimpster1
Enthusiast
Wow, what a monster(no offense to Ducati)! Great pictures bugszelda. It looks like the bike on the far left in the Swedes photo is almost 100% Volkswagaon, a true "chopper"!
Message 43 of 324
latest reply

chase200mph
Thrill-Seeker
Whatever I am sitting on...lol
Message 44 of 324
latest reply

How about this one? It was built by a kid in Vallejo, CA and the cops stopped him for speeding, only to find he didn't have a license or registration????????? LOL I saw it at the police impound, felt sorry for the kid, look at all the WORK he went to.....

Message 45 of 324
latest reply