cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best/cheapest way to ship a motorcycle?

magnump.c.
Enthusiast
I am buying a motorcycle off ebay. I want to know what the cheapest way to ship a bike from 16323 to 53014. If anyone knows any good shipping companies, please email me at: nickschweitzer@hotmail.com
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Thanks jo, this was very timely for me, I will be listing a motorcycle soon for a friend.
Message 31 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
wydeglyde - Yeah, we lost our "new sellers need to know how to do it" thread and this one was getting pretty close to falling away. Hmm?

It looks like the m/c board get's enough space for about 37 posts. That seems less than it used to be but I can't be sure.

Anyway, maybe you can start a new thread about selling issues and include your friends bike as an example?

cheers
Message 32 of 69
latest reply

bump
Message 33 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
bUmP
Message 34 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
Maybe a Pink could pin this to the top? It seems to help site users with their shipping questions.
Message 35 of 69
latest reply

bikertx72655
Enthusiast
Look up www.shippingmasters.com, they ship uncrated motorcycles at a reasonable rate
Message 36 of 69
latest reply

soapbox_phantom
Enthusiast
hmmm ride it... hmmm that gives me an idea...

how about a service where a bike is ridden from seller to buyer.

I wonder if this would work... if enough bikes were sold on Ebay that you could keep a crew of people busy, riding bikes back and forth across the US

I wonder if you could make money doing something like this
Message 37 of 69
latest reply

soapbox_phantom- I bet you would get a lot of "volunteers" to ride bikes to FL around the 1st week of March, and to S.D. around Aug.! LOL
Message 38 of 69
latest reply

Forward Air, and have it crated...if you have to pay $100 like I did to have it crated it is still cheaper than all the rest. In my case, to ship a 670lb Victory Sports Cruiser from New Hampshire was 400.00, and I paid the seller $100 to crate it. Everyone else, and I mean everyone I could call or get a price from, was from 600 to 800 Bucks, and took longer. I had my bike in San Francisco at the Forward Air depot in 4 days.
Message 39 of 69
latest reply

Oh, I forgot to add that the dealer I got my Victory from, (actually a used bike wholesaler in New Hampshire on ebay) used a factory Victory galvinized crate that was given to him, and it is so well built, I am usuing the platform to build a trailer by bolting it to an old Jet Ski trailer. Don't even have to paint it!! A friend of mine has a new Road King, and we are going to share the trailer (he is supplying the trailer!!)
Message 40 of 69
latest reply

mp-Is your friend getting ready for "Daytona Trailer Week" next year? LOL
Message 41 of 69
latest reply

bUmP!
Message 42 of 69
latest reply

bump
Message 43 of 69
latest reply

bump
Message 44 of 69
latest reply

truckfixers
Enthusiast
You really COULD ride it if it were a REAL bike such as a GOLDWING. For those unfortunate souls stuck with Harleys and such, as you've noticed them all doing on the interstates across the country, put it on a trailer or in the back of a pickup for any trips over 50miles.

YUK, YUK!!!
Message 45 of 69
latest reply