cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best/cheapest way to ship a motorcycle?

magnump.c.
Enthusiast
I am buying a motorcycle off ebay. I want to know what the cheapest way to ship a bike from 16323 to 53014. If anyone knows any good shipping companies, please email me at: nickschweitzer@hotmail.com
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: What is the best/cheapest way to ship a motorcycle?

jecklhyde
Scout
Free Estimate : Uncrated Motorcycle Transportation

Please fill out and submit the following form to receive a free estimate on Allied Van Lines' uncrated motorcycle transportation. You may also contact Allied's Special Products division at 1-800-510-SHOW (1-800-510-7469)
Message 2 of 69
latest reply

jfhull-and-sons
Enthusiast
Another shipper to contact is H and M Motorcycle Transporters---HMTRANSPORTERS@CS.COM or send a fax to 623-773-9504. I recently sold a bike to a man in Houston who used this company, and they picked the bike up at my house, put it in their enclosed trailer and took it away. The next day I was e-mailed by the buyer who said the bike had arrived. That's going from East Alabama to Houston, Texas overnight. Joe
Message 3 of 69
latest reply

motoxrider
Enthusiast
Check out www.forwardair.com

They have shipping hubs all over the U.S. I ship my KTM 125 dirtbike from GA to Cali for under a $100 each way.

I've checked with other companies and they want over $400 to ship.

Forwardair ships by semi truck.
Motoxrider
Message 4 of 69
latest reply

denniskriegel
Enthusiast
Does anyone know of any major problems for 95 or 96 Kawasaki 1500 Vulcan?
Message 5 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
bUmP
Message 6 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
Don't wanna lose the good info in this thread for potential buyers.
Message 7 of 69
latest reply

rucker63
Enthusiast
Whatever you do - DO NOT USE HJC SHIPPING. I recently had a bike shipped from Texas to Colorado. Their Web site as well as the sales agt assured me it "should" take no more than 10 days - maybe less. When I called 10 days later, another sales agt admitted that she had read the contract wrong and said she would GO AHEAD AND SCHEDULE THE PICKUP! Another 10 days went by before my bike arrived. No apologies, compensation, help, explanation - Search GOOGLE for Motorcycle Shipping - Call Around
Message 8 of 69
latest reply

jecklhyde
Scout
The object for Trucking Companies is to get as many Paying parcels as possible on the trailer before heading to destinations. Dispatchers and Agents of Trucking Companies will tell you anything to get the freight. Facts.

I like Allied. $750. Oregon coast to West Texas.

Another Fact: Some Agents act like they are in the Trucking business when in fact they are only Brokers. They will take the freight, then call around for the cheapest rate and let 'Joe Blow for Kokomo' haul your stuff.

I find it best to go with the Professionals, on everything.
Message 9 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
bUmP aGaIn
Message 10 of 69
latest reply

I have purchased two bikes this year on E-Bay and had both shipped by Forward Air. One from Sacramento to Chicago for 140.00 and one from Phoenix for 240.00 a larger bike and huge crate. I think it figures out to about 2.00 per pound. They absolutely cannot be beat for service and price. Both bikes shipped within a day of receipt and I had them in like three days from shipment. I comparde this to ground transport which was at least three times the price. Good luck!
Message 11 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
041401 - Thanks for the feedback. That's very reasonable and I'm sure others would like to know about delivery time? Was that good too?

cheers
Message 12 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
Doh... my bad for not udnerstanding your last sentence!!!
Message 13 of 69
latest reply

About buying bikes off ebay...I'm somewhat scared to do so. Thought about it multiple times, most recently for this beauty, but I'm hesitant. What if the bike doesn't run, or is misdescribed, or has one of any number of problems when you get it? Assuming the seller will refund all your money (many have non-refundable deposits), he almost definitely will make you pay shipping both ways, so you're out $200+ bestcase, worst case you're stuck with it. Thoughts?

Simon
Message 14 of 69
latest reply

thestuffconnoisseur
Enthusiast
I have an old '78 Kawasaki that I was thinking of selling and shipping via the US Post Office . . . piece by piece. The buyer could reassemble it themself!
Message 15 of 69
latest reply