cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best/cheapest way to ship a motorcycle?

magnump.c.
Enthusiast
I am buying a motorcycle off ebay. I want to know what the cheapest way to ship a bike from 16323 to 53014. If anyone knows any good shipping companies, please email me at: nickschweitzer@hotmail.com
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: What is the best/cheapest way to ship a motorcycle?

The price sounds really good. I'm not sure if it's the best way, or you can just rent a u-haul and deliver it yourself. That way the only damage comes from your part and you get to personally see the merchandise being delivered. You be right there on delivery and know exactly what's going on.  Robot Happy

Message 61 of 69
latest reply

HOw did you get it for $100? I entered form San Francisco to San Diego would cost $500+.

Message 62 of 69
latest reply

You couldn't get it for $100. Even if you purchased a bus ticket and rode it back.
Message 63 of 69
latest reply

Dimeman1 I contacted forwardAir and they want $677 to ship a little Honda crf50 from L.A. California to Denver CO. I told them about the pricing you said you got and they said they dont see how you could of gotten those prices even if crate your own bike its only $100 less from using they're container! Please let me know what you did to get that pricing! Thank you
Message 64 of 69
latest reply

Or MobileMerchant please let us know how you got the shipping for half price with forward air. Thanks
Message 65 of 69
latest reply

If you crate the bike yourself, it's usually the cheapest way to go. Since distance & fuel costs are the main factors that go into the cost, there shouldn't be too much variation between the prices you get, providing you're using the same method. (Some may have a trailer designed specifically for bikes). I don't have any personal experience using them, but a friend of mine swears by A-1 Auto Transport

Message 66 of 69
latest reply

Try Shippingmasters.com to ship motorcycles.  I have used them many times to ship motorcycles and they always hook me up with really good DOT compliant shippers.  They are AMA members and A+ BBB members also.  They have a bunch of different shipping methods and prices to choose from and their rates are very competitive.  Stay away from the bid websites and car shipping brokers to ship motorcycles.  Most of the transporters bidding on bike shipments on those bid websites are operating illegally because most of them do not have DOT licenses and most do not have cargo insurance. The car shipping brokers are notorious for quoting a low rate and fast time frame only to raise the price and lengthen the time frame after you book your shipment with them.

Message 67 of 69
latest reply

I am from Pasco, Washington. I am driving to Middlebury, Indiana to pick up my new enclosed trailer, 26' x 7.5' arriving 11/11/16 in Middlebury, amd heading straight back home. I am looking for someone needing a motorcycle shipped back to Anywhere in between Indiana, and Washington State(as close to direct as possible (don't want to criss cross the U.S.!)) Let me know what you have, and where. Cost is negotaiable. I am just looking to offset my fuel cost. Email - deanwellsfry@gmail.com.
Message 68 of 69
latest reply

What would you charge to transport a trials bike from Denver to Kansas City, MO?
Message 69 of 69
latest reply