cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

What is the best/cheapest way to ship a motorcycle?

magnump.c.
Enthusiast
I am buying a motorcycle off ebay. I want to know what the cheapest way to ship a bike from 16323 to 53014. If anyone knows any good shipping companies, please email me at: nickschweitzer@hotmail.com
Message 1 of 69
latest reply
68 REPLIES 68

Re: What is the best/cheapest way to ship a motorcycle?

joguitar
Trailblazer
thestuffconnoisseur - Now you're talking my language!
Message 16 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
bUmP
Message 17 of 69
latest reply

Hey, dimeman, how could you go wrong with that ZX7? The owner usually will tell you if it has a problem, I've found that 99 % of the sellers are pretty honest. As bikes go that is one of the prettiest Kawasakis I have ever seen. I think if you are serious about buying a bike on eBay, there are ways of finding out if the motor is tired, etc. I would be more leery of buying from a private party than an established dealer or shop. As far as the original question, you really gotta call around on shipping. There is a big spread on costs for shipping. Also depends on where you live.
Message 18 of 69
latest reply

elf@ebay.com
Thrill-Seeker
Elfie knows a cheap way to ship your motorcycle. Let Elfie ride the put-put! I work cheap...I pickup and deliver for choklit. MMMMM..yummm

*snort*

Elfie
Message 19 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
choklit? choklit?

Elfie, you know with Halloween around the corner there's gonna be plenty of choklit to go around!
Message 20 of 69
latest reply

packrat_64053
Enthusiast
The best/cheapest way to ship a motorcycle is to ride it!...............Packrat
Message 21 of 69
latest reply

black41ul
Enthusiast
That`s a no brainer.....RIDE IT!!!! RYD FST,Thnk Fstr. Hrdtlrydr. ;?)
Message 22 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
bUmP
Message 23 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
BuMp
Message 24 of 69
latest reply

I've shipped several bikes all over the country and found Allied to be the best. No crating, They pick up, reasonably price and done in a timely manor. Most of the bikes I've sold are Harleys or other big bikes.
Message 25 of 69
latest reply

themobilemerchant
Enthusiast
I built a crate for $59 materials cost and charged the seller $41 for labor and gas to get the bike and crate to Forward Air in Sacramento. $207 is what Forward Air will charge him to get it to Houston TX.
Message 26 of 69
latest reply

I don't know about the cheapest way, but I bet one of the better ways is Forward Air. They had specially designed shipping container built for any size motorcycle and they are available for rent. They have a nationwide terminal system, but I don't think all terminals have the containers. Just let them know and they will move the special container to meet your city if necessary. The container is rentable for less than others have paid for having a crate built. Better info. detail is available on their website or call them.
Message 27 of 69
latest reply

tgleiter@aol.com
Enthusiast
Hey folks, I have bought three motorcycles off eBay and I just went there and got them. My four wheeler is a F150 pickup and the bikes fit back there, secured with four motorcycle tie downs I got at Home Depot. It's Dad's big adventure. Last one was a 1219.5 mile round trip, 2:44 am until 12:55 am. No sleeping allowed, no stopping except to eat and pee.

And that's one way to do it.
Message 28 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
Is this still a good thread to bump?
Message 29 of 69
latest reply

joguitar
Trailblazer
Maybe one more time?
Message 30 of 69
latest reply