cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa
Enthusiast
I am sitting on an original 1949 Vincent Black Shadow and I am considering listing it on EBAY. I am concerned that there is very little traffic of this type of bike. Does anyone have suggestions of how to best list it. The machine has been in storage for 30 years and I am not really sure if I should first have it checked out by an expert to properly describe the bike. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa
Enthusiast
Trident,

Do you have more info on the 49 that MidAmerica sold for $39500? Documentation? Mileage? Last restored? matching #'s?

Thanks for the help
Message 61 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Nothing more than what's on the auction site. I have attended the auction in Mpls/St. Paul a couple of times. Pretty professionallly run, lot of "no sales, reserve not met," but also a lot of surprises at good buys as well.

I, too, think putting a classis like a Vincent on Ebay will cause immense problems dealing with the scammers. For sure, don't have any "but it now" auction. They seem to be particularly hit by scammers.
Message 62 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

classis = classic
Message 63 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

wildbilllane1
Enthusiast
This is the same type of bike Lawrence of Arabia was killed on. The pure historic value alone is going to jump the price through the roof. Availability alone will not dictate the asking price. I suggest starting at 20K and go up-you might be suprised-and-you might be dissapointed-but-at least you will have tried. If you ask too little and it sells too fast you will just kick yourself the rest of your life. How did you come by it, if I may ask? e-mail me at wildbilllane@yahoo.com if you like.
Message 64 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

I thought Lawrence rode a Brough SS100..
Message 65 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

five*kick
Enthusiast
It WAS`a brough,, Bro! :-) .
Image hosted by Photobucket.com
Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"support your local 81"
Message 66 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

507michaelb
Enthusiast
Nice!!!!!!Will trade my ride, and seeing my old lady doesn't have one to trade also, how about her and the van she drives????? Will throw in my house too!!!(Ha Ha Ha)
Seriously, why would you want to give it up? I'd just ride it and let the whole world be envious!!!!!!!!!
Message 67 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa
Enthusiast
Haven't been here in a while...the large auction houses were chasing this one but the bike sold privately. Thanks for you help.
Message 68 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Can you give us a hint of what it sold for??

like 15 - 20K

or, 20 - 25k

or, 25 - 30K.. something like that..
Message 69 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

bazango
Guide
Yeah, we're all pretty curious for more detail!
Message 70 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

I dunno, I asked what was wanted way back, no reponse. Would have been nice to take the old girl back home.......:-)
Message 71 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

naulahka
Enthusiast
A 1949 shadow in any condition up and running is worth $20,000 of anyones money
Message 72 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa
Enthusiast
Auction house estimated $35,000 - 40 sale was considerably more. Bike was unreal and is in good hands. Thanks for your support.
Message 73 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Fantastic! Thanks for sharing the pictures and details.
Message 74 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Yep, I traded my Victory for it, but he had to pay the shipping......LOL
Message 75 of 116
latest reply