cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa
Enthusiast
I am sitting on an original 1949 Vincent Black Shadow and I am considering listing it on EBAY. I am concerned that there is very little traffic of this type of bike. Does anyone have suggestions of how to best list it. The machine has been in storage for 30 years and I am not really sure if I should first have it checked out by an expert to properly describe the bike. Your thoughts are appreciated.
Message 1 of 116
latest reply
115 REPLIES 115

Vincent Black Shadow

flindmc
Thrill-Seeker
I think you ought to sell it to me for $500...I will pay cash and pick it up, so shipping is not needed....
Message 2 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

four*kick
Enthusiast
I'm betting you will take payment after receiving a certified check for three times the amount deposited in a third party account! 😉

Seriously,I'll give you 2,000,take it opff your hands,and you won't have to worry about it any more!!

Image hosted by Photobucket.com

"Support your local 81"
Message 3 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

flindmc
Thrill-Seeker
$2001.........a bidding war and not even listed yet.....
Message 4 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa, I would encourage you to determine what you have there. You need to know how original & complete it is.

Even if it hasn't been run in years won't be a deterant to a sale. American Iron magazine recently featured a 1913 Harley that was resurected and run for the first time in 50 years. They called it a rustoration. Original paint and parts are highly sought after.

Find out what its worth. You can do research in periodicals such as Walnecks, etc available at book stores. This bike is worth much more than these cheapos are offering.

btw, if you like I will take it off your hands for $2500! lmao 😉
Message 5 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Oh yeah,

Once you know what price you want, list it for the minimum amount you will accept. That way any bidding will meet your requirement. I doubt whether you would sell it directly on Ebay, but you will get lots of contacts. Where else can you advertise a bike around the world for $30!
Message 6 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

one*kick
Scout
4000!!

"support your local 81"
Message 7 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Hi jpbcpa,
For some reason, I can't copy and paste what I want you to see, so go here:

http://forums.ebay.com/db1/thread.jsp?forum=36&thread=410332057&message=417573206&redirect=true&hilite=true&q=vincent

and read my post #5. I would say the same things to you if I felt like typing for a half hour! Good luck with it!
Message 8 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Sounds like the same bike or is it just a story??

If it exists, leave it as is..
Trying to get it running is fine if you know how to do it, but any "HELP" you get may cost you value.

So, you have this bike..lets see a pic of it...
Message 9 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

flindmc
Thrill-Seeker
$5001......
Message 10 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

two*kick
Scout
Message 11 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

I think, someone is getting their Amals tickled...
Message 12 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

jpbcpa
Enthusiast
You guys are harsh. 4918 documented miles. If I knew how to post a pic I would. Send me your email address and I will send you a copy. I know it is worth serious cash from the inquires. I just dno't know how much I should do to it to enhance the value.
Message 13 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

I would predict that as soon as you lsit it, you'll get scam bids and letters from all over the world. whatever you do, don't put a Buy It Now on the auction, as some a$$h0le will kill your auction by hitting the BIN and offering to send you a fake cashier's check.
Message 14 of 116
latest reply

Vincent Black Shadow

Look at it this way, if the bottom end has any corossion from moisture in the oil or any dirt, starting it could kill the bottom end which would cost money and eat parts. If you are thinking of starting it, think about how it was stored and drain the oil and have a good look at it. Most people just want a complete unmolested bike.

I just find it odd that a nearly identical post popped up a few months back. if you buy/sell/collect, sooner or later you are going to hear a story that is made-up just to see people get excited. So something made the needle jump on my BS Detector.

Email any regular on here a pic, I cant repost it. If I see a current pic it would be more convincing...
Message 15 of 116
latest reply