cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Thunder Mountain Custom

berniemack2
Enthusiast
I am looking at a Blackhawk 240 Thundermoutain Custom Harley bike but was surprised as to how much these bike cost and what some of the one year old preowned bikes cost. I am seeing bikes for sale (2005) thta were purchased for $35,000 in 2005 and are selling now for about $25,000.

Does anyone know if these bikes are worth it?
Message 1 of 46
latest reply
45 REPLIES 45

Re: Thunder Mountain Custom

redmanou812
Enthusiast
I bought a 2005 Thunder Mountian Blackhawk 240 last fall,
It was the house bike for Lynnwood Cycle Cycle Barn.
I Payed 24,900. With 800 miles on it, not a scratch on the flame paint job or chrome anywhere..
It's a heavy bike at somewhere around 650 lb's, but it's a solid ride...... I put 1000 miles on it before summer ended last year, and everywhere I rode, everybody's eye's were on my bike, not to mention the chick's dig a 100 inch bike.....lol, cant wait for some ridin weather...
I recently purchased the clip on passenger seat.. 🙂
Message 16 of 46
latest reply

bikenpanman
Enthusiast
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v101/Bikenpanman/panmotorcycle001-1.jpg

Real Custom Harley-Davidson, 52 Pan!
Message 17 of 46
latest reply

splash-bike
Enthusiast
I Think the issue here has been confused. The man did not ask about a Halrey. If he wanted a Harley he could simply buy one of the several hundred thousand of them for sell for under $10K. I have had several Harleys. I still have my First Harley. Over the years I spent tons of cash trying to make my softail look like what the Blackhawk looks like out of the box. It has nearly 100,000 miles on it over $30k invested and will never look as good as the Blackhawk and the value of it would be well under $10k. As with any high end vehicle a Thunder Mountain will loose initial value fast but after that it will level out. And please do not compare a Thunder Mountain to a Harley Screaming Eagle (CVO) bike. For the most part these bikes just have a bunch of bolt on chrome and a paint job that the factory picks and then reproduces them as the wish. I was at a race last week and saw 3 blue springer cvo bikes with-in 20 feet of each other. I'm guessing that was not what the guys who spent over $26k for them had in mind. So here goes my opinion. If you have any thoughts of buying a softail and making it look like a Thunder Mountain don't. Buy the Thunder Mountain. The depreciation you take on it will not come close to the money you would have spent on extras then given away if you sold.
Message 18 of 46
latest reply

Real choppers aren't "cookie cutter" built by a Co. .

They are built by the guys that ride them in thier own garage/house/etc, wherever they can find space to work on them.

Somebody that has the $ to buy a "factory built chopper" doesn't impress me other then they had a few bucks to play with.

Yeah,yeah, I know, "not everybody has the time...", yada- yada.
A poor excuse is better then none. :^O Photobucket

"Five year plans and new deals, wrapped in golden chains.
And I wonder, still I wonder who'll stop the rain."
Message 19 of 46
latest reply

oldredchopper
Trailblazer
Have to agree with Tri, even though this thread has probably died ages ago.

I would simply buy a Harley SE.
Message 20 of 46
latest reply

First of all, Harley Davidson dealers will work on these bikes since most of the parts are HD. Second, if you are interested in purchasing a 240, send me a note and I can get you one for a more reasonable price.

Message 21 of 46
latest reply

I have a 2007 Thunder Mountain Keystone It also has won 2 custom Awards at the Hells Canyon run, and also in Reno at steet vibrations. I bought it from Latest Harley Davidson in Oregon City, Oregon mine has the hundred twenty inch jims motor what time did have a problem with the cam pate but I caught it in time. in originally came with the jims 6 speed tranny which I believe they're the ones that invented it in the first place but it didn't work out and my Harley warranty quicklychanged it out for a DDB 6 speed baker tranny. that's the only problems I ever had with it it always starts and runs like big block tractor... and I always get compliments and there's always 5 people standing around it. Meet a lesbian that was so excited about it she had to ride onit naked. go ahead talk smak about my thunder mountain sled I don't give a **bleep** haha
Message 22 of 46
latest reply

thats a bunch of bull**bleep** i own one  of the thunder mountains firestone that bike has never gave me a problem i take in to any harley dealership a never had a problem with them working on it as for other people who offer choppers that are be same is i dam lie  thunder    mountain are 89% harley look on line and see how many you see for sale in the us about ten thats it so what does that tell you nobody ever gets rid of then bc they are very good bikes my bother has on also

Message 23 of 46
latest reply

Also have 2005 Blackhawks 240. Where did u get passenger clip on seat?
Message 24 of 46
latest reply

Hello.  I completey agee with the Thunder Mountain actual bike owners.  I own a 2007 Firestone and have had no problems what-so-ever with the bike.  Almost every mecanical componet is a Harley Davidson bran.  To say their engines are no good is saying a Harley engine is no good ahhhhh because its the exact same engine!  At least mine is  A Screamin eagle.  I have Had no problems with the Harley Davidson Dealer doing routine maintenance on my bike i.e..oil changes, air filters ETC.  This is an 2007 and It still looks beteer then most Newer bikes out there!  And there are NOT that many on the market period.  His information is flawed and has no factual data.  Stop knocking things for no other reason then an opinion.  And further more, compare apples to apples.  The thunder Mountains still sell for more then a regular Harley thats the same year and style.  

Message 25 of 46
latest reply

WHERE DID YOU BUY THE CLIP ON SEAT FOR YOUR BIKE? I'M LOOKING FOR ONE.

THANKS

Message 26 of 46
latest reply

I just purchased a 2009 Firestone, I noticed a small dimple on the left hand side on the front of the gas tank, after checking it out I found out that the upper triple tree bracket touches the gas tank. Has anyone else had this issue?
Message 27 of 46
latest reply

May be hard to find. My 2006 Thunder Mountain BlackHawk 240 did not come with the clip on back rest/seat combo it had to be purchased as an add on from Thunder Mountain, but that was before they went out of buisiness. 

Message 28 of 46
latest reply

I agree with you as well. I have a Thunder Mountain Custom Cycle as well, I have the 2006 BlackHawk 240 and have no problem with it at all! No engine troubles, no handling problems, no component problems period!

Message 29 of 46
latest reply

Must be hard riding a chopper in your own garage, house, etc.

Most guy;s buy frames that are pre-made to make their choppers.

Most people do not have the skills to build a frame from scratch and 

I seriously doubt that you can build one from scratch. I can, but I have 

also bought frames sometimes it just makes sense to by a pre-made 

frame. I also own a Thunder Mountain and could careless if you are or

are not impressed by a "cookie cutter chopper". Even some of the best in

the buisiness use pre-made frames sometimes. I would bet you never rode

or built a bike. I know you don't have the time.............. yada yada.  

Message 30 of 46
latest reply