eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
airflow89
Community Member

Recommendations 4 stroke enduro?

Hi all, just looking for advise on a a 4 stroke enduro, for driving to work and a little off-road fun. 400cc - 650cc will do just fine. Should I go air cooled air water cooled? Guess I stick with the Jap bikes, used to ride dirt bikes all the time as a kid, figure the 4 stroke is better for the street. Getting tired of the fuel prices, want to stay under 4 grand, throw me some choices.

Thanks in advance,

Scott

Please use plain text.
diesel_parts
Community Member

Re: Recommendations 4 stroke enduro?

in reply to airflow89

I didn't know they made a 4 stroke enduro. I have a 400 enduro but it is 2 stroke. Not a good street bike due to fuel consumption but it will go.

billphil.

I sell parts
Please use plain text.
fly-joani
Community Member

in reply to airflow89

Anything but a Yamaha. Check the laws in your area, police like to pick on anything unuasual on the road. They also like to twist a given charge until it fits what they call a crime.

Give a man a gun and he can rob a bank. Give a man a bank and he can rob the world
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to airflow89

Hey Scott,

It's a little complicated if you're insisting on staying with a Japanese brand. Not many OEM dual-sport models to choose from except the heavy-weights that are bad in any riding genre - street or off-road. An important feature to check is the power to weight ratio. If you'll consider KTM - I know, I know, they're orange, they don't have a linkage - not 'til recently anyhow - and they're Austrian. (Bad news/good news: - Arnold Schwartznegger is Austrian, but so are Glock firearms) Commencing around '07 or '08, the EXC models came street-legal from the factory. The (dirt) magazines love them, as they're as close as you can get to a real dirt bike that is also street-legal. My personal experience with them is that they're a great compromise. KTM has made several model revisions over the years, so the pre-owned market is pretty target-rich.

Good luck,

Dan

Thousand Oaks, Ca.

I don't know about other states, but in California, we must watch that 8th character of the VIN. If it's coded off-road, you'll NEVER get it street-licensed.

Please use plain text.