Enthusiast
I'm one
Pleiku V.N. Nov 1966 to Nov 1967
Message 121 of 331
latest reply

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

cjdiver
Enthusiast
Welcome home, reddodge49 and amodelover.

reddodge49, I dont know if it will do you any good, but have you tried military.com?

If you are looking for someone, I know some of the headaches you may run into. If your buddy possibly registered with that site you might luck out.
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 122 of 331
latest reply

redline-2003
Enthusiast
Viet Nam 66-67 Phuoc Vinh, 701st Maintenance Co.D
Any guys out there on the boulevard these days?
I'm still riding those old BMW airheads.
Welcome Home,
Can Do
Message 123 of 331
latest reply

725ice
Enthusiast
Hi
Just wondering how many folks out there that were in the military from VN to Iraq? There gotta be more out there than me! When I was in Baghdad I didn't meet but two guys that had a career that long. Iceman
Message 124 of 331
latest reply

ammo214
Enthusiast
Marines
3rd force recon 68-69 camp eagle in the north.2 purple hearts & silver star.I think a mistake was made on the star.Cause I was a slacker most of the time.
ammo214
Message 125 of 331
latest reply

4dk55
Enthusiast

Message 126 of 331
latest reply

Viet Nam 68-69 Hill 37 7th Engrs USMC
Message 127 of 331
latest reply

jmhjr50
Enthusiast
USAF FROM 72-79, SEA 72-73, ABOARD SPECTOR, CAUSED A LOT OF RAIN TO FALL ON CHARLIE
Message 128 of 331
latest reply

Welcome home, soldiers.

SmileyCentral.com
Message 129 of 331
latest reply

harold1246
Enthusiast
I just found this board today and would like to say welcome home all my brothers.

I was stationed at Bien Hoa airbase as a load crew chief (munitions loader 462xx) from July '69-October 70. Had the unholy experience of my first rocket attack less than 30 minutes after landing and thot "HOLY S***" WTF did I get myself into!! My crew was certified on many different aircraft (as alert de-arm and download crew) that landed under emergency conditions. We were mainly loading F-100 (Sabrejets) and A-37 (Tweety Birds).

If there are still any of you fighting the VA for benefits, just remember it's still "Hurry Up And Wait" just as it was on active duty. It took me over 8 years of fighting and appeal after appeal, but they just recently and reluctantly approved my claim. I had many of my brothers helping me and there will be brothers helping you with yours. Just keep pushing. My prayers go out to all the military fighting in Iraq at present and their family and friends they left behind. May God Bless all my fellow veterans during this Holiday Season.
Message 130 of 331
latest reply

480alexg
Enthusiast
Hello fellow combat vets. I am a Vietnam vet myself, was there 70- 71 era. I spent half my time with the 9th Inf.Div. and the other half with the 25th Inf. Div. I spent most of my tour south of Saigon mostly near rice patties. I often wonder what it would be like to visit Vietnam now after 35 years after war. Have anyone out there felt the same or have you returned there in a vacation time. Feel free to respond. I am sure things have changed in Nam, but are there still hard feelings towards Americans being there in the past. Alex
Message 131 of 331
latest reply

9TH Infantry Division? Were you at Dong Tam? I was there once. If you went back to Vietnam today you would probably be more popular there than Vietnam vets are in this country today. But.....watch your step and don't drink the weed killer.
Message 132 of 331
latest reply

Here's the true story of the song, "The Eighth of November."

Scroll down on this page and click on the documentary. It's about 10 minutes long. Be sure and have your hankerchief to clean your screen when it fogs up....

http://www.mp3.com/albums/20065309/summary.html
Message 133 of 331
latest reply

cjdiver
Enthusiast
harold1246, Glad you found us here. do you have everything taken care of now?

recipt, Glad to see you neighbor,,,, one of these days we will meet, lol
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 134 of 331
latest reply

CJ, Maybe on the next 9-11 run out of Billtown.
Message 135 of 331
latest reply