Welcome home Brothers
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

kpsnow
Enthusiast
Hey Recipt! Same Path!! Arrived in Nam Oct 68 w/MOS 68B20 (Ft Eustis Va) and stationed a short time in Bien Hoa w/ the 98th CHFM Field Maintenance Group. Reassigned to the 3/17th Air Cav (Wolfhounds) in Cui Chi and Di An (Great movie prop set) with 2wk visit to Vung Tau during the Uh-1 and Loach Tour. Now where's the bowl?
Still working on the limeys.
Ken
Message 91 of 331
latest reply

68B20? That was my MOS too. I'll bet we were in the same training classes at Ft. Eustis. July, August and September, I was there. Then arrived in Di An on October 29th, 1968. Just after a typhoon passed through. I almost picked a harmless looking little green snake there. "Now men, there's about a hundred different kinds of snakes in Vietnam, but only 2 of them are poisionous." "The other 98 swallow you whole."
Message 92 of 331
latest reply

travelinterry
Enthusiast
My husband was there with the 1st Cavalry in 1971
Message 93 of 331
latest reply

I almost picked a harmless looking little green snake there.

recipt, were they know as the 'two stepper?' Once bit, you take two steps....
Message 94 of 331
latest reply

magicmiki
Enthusiast
Went to San Diego MCRD in 64, radio school and then to VN in 65/66. Ran fire missions for the 12th Marine Artillery Regiment. Wife was there in 67/68 in the Army Medical Corps. I never had a problem with wounds physically but she got nailed in Tet of 68 when they hit the transport plane taking wounded to Japan. A guy in a full body cast was knocked out of the bulkhead rack and lit on her while she was putting an IV in a trooper below him. 12 knee surgeries later she finally got an artifical knee. Remember the women, they were there even if you didn't see them. I would have hated to wake up in a MASH unit even to see her beautiful smile. Semper Fi
Message 95 of 331
latest reply

spxindy
Enthusiast
I actually enlisted in the army because i didn't want to become a drafted marine. I served may 70 to may 71 in XXIV Corps in Danang. I did take part in Lam Song invasion of Laos in spring of 71 where I served with the 1/5 mech infantry I think. I worked in the TOC building there. I still have not sorted out all the whys and wheres of just what happenend and all I know is that a lot of good young men lost their lives so the people of Viet Nam can make us goods now ! What a waste.
Message 96 of 331
latest reply

onlineflowerbulbs
Enthusiast
Brilliant thread this is.
It just prompted me to read indepth about the vietnam war via google.
Interesting stuff

Click here to visit my ebay shop
Message 97 of 331
latest reply

Viet Nam has touched my life, family members on the wall, & now a new widow of a VietNam vet, I Want to Thank all VN vets for your service done. Love you guys & gals.
Message 98 of 331
latest reply

jimmiejo66
Enthusiast
AF 306th Bomb Wing - Operation ARC Light in 1968 TDY to Guam was as close as I got to Nam. Spent 4 years in AF 66 - 70.
Message 99 of 331
latest reply

Trident. The Bamboo Krait was called the "two step snake."
Someone in my unit had a Boa Constrictor for a pet and we decided to throw a rat in it's cage to see it kill it and eat it. Oops, too big a rat.
Message 100 of 331
latest reply

vnvetusmc0351
Enthusiast
usmc-1964-67
nam-65-66

15 monthes

2/1-2/7- in nam 106 recoiless rifle. marine barracks newport ri till discharge.

live in florida now
Message 101 of 331
latest reply

mainewench
Enthusiast
RE post #89
'CJ, Are you going to participate in the Sept 11th ride in Williamsport? Laporte is nice country. I just led a group ride of out of towners up Loyalsock to World's End State Park, around Eagles Mere Lake and back down 220 in August.'

Yes I was in the 911 ride. if you looked real close you may have seen me by the channel 16 van

Its so great to see everyone here cant believe its been a month since I popped in.

Be safe
cj

"Life is just a test ,if it was the real thing ,we'd have been given better instructions"
http://cvma-pa.net
CVMA-PA.NET Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 102 of 331
latest reply

mainewench
Enthusiast
errrrr my buying id, darn,,,,,,, whoops

"Life is just a test ,if it was the real thing ,we'd have been given better instructions"
http://cvma-pa.net
CVMA-PA.NET Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 103 of 331
latest reply

papajoe2800
Enthusiast
Greetings. I'm new to this site. Hell, I'm new to the computer world. My kids still think that I'm an old fogey who won't change. Maybe!!! Jan 71-Jan72, D Co, 2/502d Inf, 101st Abn. Phu Bai was my address but the jungle was my home. A salute to all who served no matter where you were. I ride an 04 Honda Shadow Sabre. Will drop back in fromm time to time. Be safe
Message 104 of 331
latest reply

cjdiver
Enthusiast
Welcome Home papajoe2800
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 105 of 331
latest reply