Welcome home Brothers
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

b-bop
Thrill-Seeker
I participated in my little piece of the war again last night.

After 35+ years you would think I would have forgotten it or won it.

Message 76 of 331
latest reply

bazango
Guide
I sure hope you are all aware of the Patriot Guard Riders. We're one group who are trying to make sure that no one goes through what the Nam vets did when returning home. Never Again!
Message 77 of 331
latest reply

480alexg
Enthusiast
Hello, my name is Alex from Arizona. I am a VietNam Vet and proud of the honor to have served in 69-70 era. I would like more info on the Patriot Guard Riders. I am new too this kind of Q&A Although it makes me happy too hear from Nam buddies. I spent 13 months in Nam with extension to ETS early when I got home. I was in the 9th Inf.Div. and 25th Inf. Div. in Dong Tam and Tan nan. I wasn't a grount, we supported the finest soldiers out there. My respect goes out to all war Vets and To The Brotherhood of Vietnam vet. Alex
Message 78 of 331
latest reply

480alexg, go to www.patriotguard.org. Membership is free, just sign up and make sure you include your zip code so they can notify you of missions in your area. The missions are also listed on the right hand side of the page, both confirmed and a watch list of possible missions coming up.

smsgtnimrod
Enthusiast
As the saying goes - been there done that for 23+ years - and the kids called me a "lifer' 😄 - didn't mind it 'cuz I wuz one!. - 2 one year tours Korea, 1 year Far East, 1 three year tour El Salvador, and 1 year tour Ubon Thailand - retired E-8 1973. Only overflew Nam a few times, and my hat is off to the ground troops who endured that hell hole. Good friend from US Army was Green Beret A-team leader in Delta - made it out OK with all his men. He is so proud of that accomplishment - more so than some other tours.

Sgt Bob
Message 80 of 331
latest reply

cjdiver
Enthusiast
Well Well Well,,,,,,,

Looks like some of you were in the same places I was at but at different times.

I am glad I pinned this thread to the top.
It is so great to see so many here home and safe.

We have so many young boys still overseas. Think of them often and remember what it was like when we came home. Lets make their homecoming a day to remember with good memories.

In the past few weeks we had Spc. Lynn and Ortiz come home from Iraq cleared of all charges. Our local HOG chapter, most of us vets ourselves, gathered at the airport for eack young man when they came home.
Veterans from as far back as ww2 gathered with us and friends and family packed our little airport in the mountains here so bad that the local and state police decided they had better either join us or arrest us. They joined us......

I hope to pop in and see more and more stop by and post to this thread.

Be safe
Cj
Message 81 of 331
latest reply

CJ, where are you located? We must live near to each other. I'm just 10 miles from Williamsport.
Message 82 of 331
latest reply

butler058
Enthusiast
July 1970, July 1971. Na Trang. Navy Seal training base for South Vietnamese Seals. Market Time in Cam Ranh Bay.
Message 83 of 331
latest reply

August 1968 to August 1969 DiAn. Big Red 1 recon platoon.
Message 84 of 331
latest reply

Welcome to the Boulevard, and thank you all for your service.
Message 85 of 331
latest reply

motormerrick
Enthusiast
My heart goes out to all of how serviced in Viet Nam. While looking over the web I viewed the pictice of the A-7 being refueled (memories). I too worked on A-7s on the flight deck of the USS Enterprise off Yankee Station 1968/69. Keep the rubber on the road and happy motoring!
Message 86 of 331
latest reply

cjdiver
Enthusiast
recipt,

I am 0ff 220 N. heading to Laoprte.
You can see much of my work hanging up at HorsepowerHD in Williamsport,

if you try to find me just ask any of the staff up there wheres the photographer.......
I shoot 90% of their events and fund raisers on top of writing for magazines.

Stop by and say hey.

be safe
Message 87 of 331
latest reply

gjc4876
Enthusiast
Camron Bay Dong Hau 67-68 USAF
Message 88 of 331
latest reply

Welcome home, flyboy.
Message 89 of 331
latest reply

CJ, Are you going to participate in the Sept 11th ride in Williamsport? Laporte is nice country. I just led a group ride of out of towners up Loyalsock to World's End State Park, around Eagles Mere Lake and back down 220 in August.
Message 90 of 331
latest reply