bertrrussell
Enthusiast
1st Special Forces Group (Airborne) 1970-1973
Message 61 of 331
latest reply

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

gumpy159
Enthusiast
Hold your heads high brothers and sisters, we did our part. A tip of the helmet to those doing their part today in another "unpopular" war.

101st Airborne, B & C Company 159 ASHB 1969
Crewchief and Flight Engineer CH 47 Chinooks.
One of the greatest aircraft ever!!
Still friends to this day with a lot of the guys I was with. Riding my Springer to the 101st reunion in Minneapolis and then to Sturgis this year.
Ride Hard, Ride Fast, Ride Often, Ride Safe.

"""GumpY"""
Message 62 of 331
latest reply

thegimpinggeezer
Enthusiast
Dittos, welcome home brothers. Army for me 68-69 Hue/Phu-Bai
82nd Abn attached to 101st out of firebase Birmingham.
Then Ashaw valley, then VinLoc province near TonSanoot airbase. DAV 60% appealing for 100%.
Message 63 of 331
latest reply

luvtobuytreasures22
Enthusiast
My Dad did two tours in Nam he is now dying from cancer from agent orange he is 66 ,I posted a question on the board about helping him sell his bikes I would appreciate any help thanks Jacqui
Message 64 of 331
latest reply

luvtobuytreasures22
Enthusiast
Question is under Lvpoollassie id
Message 65 of 331
latest reply

Hi
I Ride 1100 honda areo right now Just came out of an Ultra, Traded 14k in for 4k to pay for kids school.
USAF 71-75 to avoid draft lottery #26 pulled. Stayed state side FEW. Wy.and Offit NE. Medical Supply Every few months Docs would get to Maj. and throw a party We supplied the 5 gl Grain alc. they supplied the trash can.
Message 66 of 331
latest reply

"Every few months Docs would get to Maj. and throw a party We supplied the 5 gl Grain alc. they supplied the trash can."

Sounds like some of the stuff we did at El Toro 3rd MAW

Thumbs Up
Message 67 of 331
latest reply

sk1dog
Enthusiast
I wasn't in vietnam. I really appreciate all of the veterans who went there and gave thier very best. I am a soldier myself, and can't begin to imagine how those days were for all of you. I joined the Army just in time for Desert Storm...Field Arty, I was in Afghanistan, Enduring Freedom and just came home from Iraqi Freedom 2003-2005. I may not personally have changed the World, but I am proud to do my part putting my foot in the ass of Terrorism and its supporters. Even though our experiences are vastly different, I know no matter where I go brothers in arms stick together. i hope that all of you feel proud of your services as well. My hat is off to all of you. God bless you all....live the life you earned! Soldiers won't forget or be forgotten. thanks. rick, richmond virginia
Message 68 of 331
latest reply

ultrapig05
Enthusiast
sk1dog, thank you for your service to our country.
Message 69 of 331
latest reply

butch9902
Enthusiast
Thanks CJ
I was in the Army and went to Nam in Nov 67 and returned a year later, was in A Co 1st Aviation Bn 1st Inf Div, out of Phu Loi, spent most of my time in the air, Lost way to many comrades, still haunts me
Thanks
W A weaver
Message 70 of 331
latest reply

bompaben
Enthusiast
I'm a 'Nam Vet. '69-'70. I was a Shake-n-Bake. Did 6 months as a grunt in the Big Red One, as a squad leader then acting platoon Sgt. with the 2nd Bn 18th Inf., based out of Dian. Then did 6 months as an acting Platoon Leader with the 25th Div., 2nd Bn, 22nd Inf (Mech)., based out of Cu Chi. I have survived 3 bouts of agent orange related cancer and just a couple of weeks ago I survived a heart attack. Somebody is covering for me somewhere! To all my brothers, WELCOME HOME!
Message 71 of 331
latest reply

trident_t160
Scout
sk1dog, butch9902, and bompaben, and other recent posters, thanks for your service.
Agent orange has also touched our family, with my brother-in-law suffering some of the effects, namely joint deterioration. So far the VA has covered it.

He was having both elbows done. The doc told him first they would do one, then the other, about two months apart. He asked why not do both at the same time. The doc replied, well, they could do that, but then his wife would be wiping his a$$ for the next six weeks.

He did one at a time....
Message 72 of 331
latest reply

bompaben
Enthusiast
Agent Orange, the gift that keeps on giving. My A/O cancer isn't recognized as A/O related. At least not yet. I had stage 3 colorectal cancer. While I was in intensive care after my first surgery, the ICU nurse (a 25 year military Vet himself) told me that there was an "unpublished" VA study about A/O and colorectal cancer and that 'Nam Vets in general have a 58% greater risk of contracting colorectal cancer than non in-country Vets. But there is no way that they are about to cover all of us who have had it. It would bankrupt the "system". I am currentlt 70% disabled with the VA on other problems, so they have covered all of my medical costs. But I will probably never see compensation for it. But I look at it this way. I wake up in the morning and look DOWN at the ground, not up. I'm alive because of the dedicated medical personel at the Syracuse, NY VA, and I want everyone to know that. Sorry about rambling, just wanted to make a point.
Message 73 of 331
latest reply

sgme9tilley
Enthusiast
I AM RETIRED FROM THE US ARMY 1962-1985. I RETIRED AS SERGEANT MAJOR (E9). I HAD 2 TOURS IN RVN 1965-1966 & 1968-1969. HAD A GREAT TIME FOR 23YRS.
Message 74 of 331
latest reply

ibgoose1
Enthusiast
Welcome Home all Nam Vets and our Younger Vets that are going through what we did Years ago

GOOSE 71-75
VNVMC
Message 75 of 331
latest reply