latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

rahbert2
Enthusiast
I was with 919th Eng Co and C Co 39th Eng Co
during my year (Apr 70 - Apr 71). Mostly we
mine detected and built bridges including a
timber trestle bridge near the My Lai site.

The experience wised me up and I went to school
with the GI bill so I could be an underemployed
superannuated SW geek.

Couldn't stand the VN officers but the ordinary
folks are solid. Would love to go back and eat
real Viet food (French rolls with crunchy bugs)
and peruse the "Genuine GI" souvenirs.
Message 241 of 331
latest reply

cjdiver
Enthusiast
scout-gunner, great to see you post and thank you!
moonbats are not allowed on our watch here either....
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 242 of 331
latest reply

Sember Fi found this post this morning, Marines 68/69 part of the post Tet buildup 1st MAW at DaNang I have maintained a low profile over the years but am very proud to have stood in front of our flag. I get sad with all the flag waving and silly speak of people who never have nor will take part.
I have been very lucky able to mature, raise a family and now look forward to retirement.
I wish the same for my brothers and think of them who were not as lucky.
My old guzzi and I go out early for a run and enjoy the freedom.
Message 243 of 331
latest reply

shovelbudsolady
Enthusiast
Happy Veterans day To all of you !!!!
Message 244 of 331
latest reply

slvspur
Enthusiast
Happy Vet's day indeed! Just got my '67 Honda 305 Scrambler restoration done. She runs decent and looks great! It is a kick in the pants to ride this bike. My buddy had one in high school(a 1965 model), and on Friday nights he would take my '50 Ford Coupe and his girl, and I got to cruise on his Scrambler. Good times!
Carl
Message 245 of 331
latest reply

ramamama98
Enthusiast
First of all, this is my wife's ebay sign in. I found this thread by accident and couldn't stop reading. It forced me to think about things i hadn't for years. I served in nam from june '68 thru '69 stationed at Phan Rang. Got there while Red Horse was still building. Enjoyed tet at Bien Hoa and flew resupply to so may locations I can't remember on c-123K's. I can still remember how unwelcome I felt when we were greated by a bunch of hippies at SeaTac calling us baby killers on deros. I know alot of you guys have stories like this. Anyway welcome home brothers and god bless those that aren't with us.
Message 246 of 331
latest reply

ramamama98
Enthusiast
Oh yea, almost forgot, I ride an 06 Ultra, some things do bring us peace.
Message 247 of 331
latest reply

atsilaai
Enthusiast
Hi folks! I joined in '72. MOS 67G20 Fixed wing aircraft repair. Spent most of my time at Headquarters and Headquarters Company at Ft. McClellan, AL. Worked on U-8, T-41, OH-58 and UH-1D/H's also received cross-training as 71 Poppa flight dispatcher...lotta hats.Sent to Air Cav Troop, 2nd ACR, Nurnberg Germany in '76. Worked as 71 Poppa(flight dispatcher). NO fixed wings with the ACT. Requested transfer to a fixed wing outfit and was sent to Stuttgart to work on OV-1 Mohawks in the 73rd M.I. Company. Was crew chief on 007, a SLAR bird keeping the czech's on their side of the border. Then became a maintenance crew leader for the periodic inspections. Got out in '78 as a SGT. Have discovered that most WW II and Korea vets as well as some RVN combat troops consider me to be a basic non-entity because "I wasn't there!" Maybe not but I WAS in-service and WAS willing to go. Anyway, God bless ALL who serve. I'm proud of all of you!!! Thank you and welcome home.
Message 248 of 331
latest reply

atsilaai
Enthusiast
BTW Just turned 53 and am disabled. way too many bikes to list here at home. Some ridable, some not. Newest is a 96 1500 Gold Wing.
Message 249 of 331
latest reply

r.mann
Enthusiast
Hi my name is Russell Mann.Iwas with A3/1 11th lib in 68.Love to here from anybody. email russ.mann@cox.net
Message 250 of 331
latest reply

stdave70
Enthusiast
dave from ny state nam in 66-67 cu chi 25 th division chopper mech. welcome home brothers and all vets
stdave70@hotmail.com
Message 251 of 331
latest reply

Merry Christmas, all. Peace out.
Message 252 of 331
latest reply

hrnumber1
Enthusiast
I was in the Highlands from 69 to 70 4th engr bn Ankhe etc.
Message 253 of 331
latest reply

willish99
Enthusiast
RVN 68/69 Battery C 3rd battalion 197th FA New Hampshire National Guard
Message 254 of 331
latest reply

forsaken-legends
Enthusiast
682nd Army Combat Engineers, Enlisted during Desert Storm, got out of basic when war was over, then Honorably Discharged before this go around. Have Great Respect for all our soldiers, Even though were not as FREE as we once were OUR Soldiers are still fighting and dying for US. Proudly display the POW/MIA symbol on all my Harley's for the MEN and WOMEN who gave there lives, heart, body, & soul for the flag. May we all LIVE FREE & RIDE HARD!
Message 255 of 331
latest reply