Welcome home Brothers
cvma-pa.net Veterans Helping Veterans
Message 1 of 331
latest reply
330 REPLIES 330

How many Nam Vets are there here with us on this board

donemoto
Enthusiast
I served in Nam in 1969-70.I spend time every two weeks at VA hospital in Pittsburgh paying for my sins. Next stop Jan. 4 for liver work. Curently ride a HD 1200 custom. Building a VW trike when weather and health permit. Been riding since 1964. Heard some talk of people wanting to visit the new Nam. Go ahead...I will never go nor support the economy, or people of Viet Nam. Qualified as mentally and phsically disabled in 2003. PTSD came with the jungle boots. Hats off to those who served...Those against us...you know where you can go.
Message 136 of 331
latest reply

480alexg
Enthusiast
Recipt 87, to answer your question if I was in Dong Tam, yes I was there shortly when arriving in country. I was transfered to Tan An near the villiage of Myto or sometimes called Rocket City. I spent at least 6 months there in a support group.I traveled up and down highway 1 transporting supplies along the the way. I also worked in the motor pool repairing equipment and vehicles in Tan An. After the 9th Inf. went home, I was transfered to the 25th Inf. Div. near Long Bihn.I spent the rest of my tour there until I got my freedom bird home. Do you own a Harley Davidson, if so what style and year. I own a 2003 Heritage softail classic, black with lots of chrome. Alex
Message 137 of 331
latest reply

gklein1940
Enthusiast
I was in U.S.S. Ticonderoga (CVA_14) 1961 off the coast of Laos sending in photo-recon missions. One night after flight ops secured, we had a collision with the U.S.S. Pickens, (DD-63). Thougth we'd been torpedoed. I salute all you guys that have served, no matter combat or not. I'm located in south-western Indiana and ride an '04 Road Glide. (Geezer Glide)
Message 138 of 331
latest reply

WELCOME HOME! Served with the 1st. Air Cav. Early 66 ETS Feb 67. Ahn Khe, Tuy Hoa, Bon Son, and places I can't spell or remember, around (II corp.) area. Ride a 2002 883R goes quick and stops fast. Almost like a D model Huey without the wing on top.
To all my brothers.......Peace and welcome home.
Message 139 of 331
latest reply

larrynpam2457
Enthusiast
Oct 70 thru Dec 71 fire base Maryann then Quanq Tri 1/46th Inf Americal welcome home bros. Let me also thank all the men and women still giving it all wether Iraq or Afganistan keep the faith and make it home alive.
Message 140 of 331
latest reply

flyigtigger
Enthusiast
I was on A-26s in 62, I was on Spooky as a flt engineer, Outa Bien Hoa 68-69.71 I was in Udorn And Loas.retired in 75 Great Time always never being where I was.
Message 141 of 331
latest reply

alex480g, I drove enough deuce-and-a-halfs, why would I want a Harley?
Message 142 of 331
latest reply

Nostalgia........
Message 143 of 331
latest reply

tanker_87
Enthusiast
july 69 to nov 70 Long Binh
Message 144 of 331
latest reply

tanker_87
Enthusiast
July 69 to Nov 70 Tanker_87
Message 145 of 331
latest reply

Nostalgia.........LOL, Mountain. I like one word comebacks that say it all. Actually I liked gunships better than deuce and a halfs, that's why I ride an ST 1100.
Message 146 of 331
latest reply

kenneth6545
Enthusiast
I was drafted sept. 67. Signed up for jump school because my father was a WWII jumper. Sent to Viet Nam april 68, assigned to E. Trp. 17 Cav. 173rd Abn
Message 147 of 331
latest reply

brandonj26
Enthusiast
currently in iraq (red bulls). started out with my 82 750 CSR kawasaki, bought a shadow spirit new in 02 and now i have an ultra classic on order for when i get home. witch will be 2 years being away from home. grandpa was in wwii, uncle in vietnam and dad was in germany. i salute all veterans and especially the ones who ride.
Message 148 of 331
latest reply

greesemonkey
Enthusiast
DFWD NAM, 1969 1ST CAV 12 TAY NIN TO SONG BAY ANY ONE ELSE OUT THERE ???? LOOKING FOR H STOKES OUT OF LA CALIF.
ORENGE COUNTY. CONTAC DAVE/ PROOF114@CHARTER.NET
Message 149 of 331
latest reply

dungbeetle
Enthusiast
You guys that were in the thick of it have my respect.

I did the boat float in Tonkin Gulf aboard Ticonderoga, including the August, 1964 incident.

Got in country 1970, did a tour at the Bay View Inn, Camrahn Bay doing market time patrols. Did my part getting rid of the cold Budweiser when duty did not interfere.

Thanks to you Air Force guys for inviting me to your baseball games, good distraction. Im glad you enjoyed the steaks I supplied.
Very peaceful there compared to what most men experienced.

Back with the T.G.Y.C. aboard Hancock, 1971.
Thank goodness the BIFF's from Utapao convinced the commies to negotiate so we could come home.

I'd like to repeat, You guys that were in the thick of it have my respect.
Message 150 of 331
latest reply