cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Does anyone know about Echtes Leder leather products ?

Hi, I have a leather motorcycle jacket that I am thinking about putting up for sale on e-bay. The tag says Echtes Leder and below says Echt Leer Futter.
I have never heard about this company or the quality of thier products.
Does anyone have any info about this company ?
Thanks
Message 1 of 11
latest reply
10 REPLIES 10

Re: Does anyone know about Echtes Leder leather products ?

Echtes Leder just means Genuine Leather in German; it is not a company name. Not sure what Echt Leer Futter means, but it is Genuine (or Real) something-or-other, too.
Message 2 of 11
latest reply

According to Google Translate-

Echt Leer Futter = Real space fodder

Hope that helps.
Message 3 of 11
latest reply

I'm looking for info also, I have a pair of 'Echtes Leder' Leather motorcycle riding pants that I want to sale also, but can't find much info. They have actually 3 tags(labels) inside the pants 1 has the name 'echtes leder', 1 says designed by 'Intra' then Rogner-3remer below 'Intra' then Geschmacksmuster Nr. MR. 144 below that. then another label says 'MOTOline'. Maybe this may help you with your jacket? It didn't really help me when I did a search with all of the info above trying to get an ideal on what price to sell my pants for! Let me know if u have any luck finding prices! 🙂
Message 4 of 11
latest reply

I have been looking for some real space fodder, so this is good to know. I have heard the best space fodder is made in Germany.
Message 5 of 11
latest reply

Does it matter?

Shoot some pics and list them.

You will soon find out what they are worth.

btw wasn't Space Fodder a song by Deep Purple?
Message 6 of 11
latest reply

isdfe5
Enthusiast
To clarify (in case anyone else like me gets to this thread!):

Echtes Leder means "Real Leather" in German and Echt Leer means "Real Leather" in Dutch.

Echt Leer Futter means "Real Leather" in Dutch followed by the German word for "Lining"...very odd (The Dutch word for lining is Voering I believe).

Cheers
Chris
Message 7 of 11
latest reply

ibayy2011
Enthusiast
Hi, I have a leather motorcycle jacket that I am thinking about putting up for sale on e-bay. The tag says Echtes Leder and below says Echt Leer Futter.
I have never heard about this company or the quality of thier products.
Does anyone have any info about this company ?
Thanks

I just bought a pair of Echt-leder Biberlamm boots at an estate sale. I don't know a thing about them, other than they are very comfortable and the other pair boots I bought was Bruno Magli, beautiful leather boots. Though I don't know a thing about Biberlamm,I figure they can't be all bad as the rest of her shoes were Bruno Magli, Feragamo (sp), etc.
Message 8 of 11
latest reply

gtreflexst1100
Enthusiast

You are probably looking at Hein Gericke products, which are very high quality motorcycle wear.  Hope this helps,  ~Geoff

Message 9 of 11
latest reply

Glad to see this question, and some answers, I have a heavy biker jacket with same tag, seems to have croc or alligator arms, real biker leather has to be thick and in case of a spill, know some german riders (autobahn), where these, for good reason, real leather, indeed, (rather skin leather than own skin, this one has slash pockets and no cloth, heavy zipper, says YKK on pull,  brass covered, any other info will be appreciated, thanks in advance for any added info.

Message 10 of 11
latest reply

worst answer I've ever heard -- Are you on drugs pal or what????

Message 11 of 11
latest reply