• Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
honestdom
Community Member

Any body Remember Ghost Motorcycle Sales Port Washington NY

Anybody remember Them I bought quite a few Bikes from him
He was a Friend & I even worked for him for a couple of Years.
Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Yep. Used to be one of the better places on the East Coast to get a decent deal on a Vintage bike. Now days Ebay sellers have turned a good deal into an expensive one. Last I heard of him was in the early 90's.
Please use plain text.
honestdom
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
I was just thinking about after reading this Board
I did a Google search & got a Phone # I am going to give him a call & and see how he's doing
I bought my First foreign Bike from him and My Last bike

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
I remember reading about thier shop and how they had so many bikes buried under so many bikes sometimes brad new ones would get lost for years and later dug out..
Please use plain text.
honestdom
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
I remember when a Dealer had the New Honda Bike from the West Coast
& made a bet with Sal against his New Yamaha it was for Pink Slips and Cash Sal Won
they sent the Driver & Bike to NY just to Race against a New Yamaha & we Broke it in by Driving it as Fast as Possible
it was in the 50's

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
honestdom
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Do you Know how he got his Name??
he use to drive a White BMW with a side hack in the Bronx at night Only
and create havoc in the area! and was writing up in the Papers as the Ghost Rider!

Photobucket
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Hey Dom, I recently purchased a Benelli motorcycle, still has the Ghost Motorcycles sales sticker on it. Never visited the shop as I have severe allergies related to life in and around the big city.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
YES I DO. BOUGHT AN ENGINE THERE IN LIKE 2001-2002. ENTED THE TRUNK OF MY CAPRICE FROM YHE INSIDE OUT WHEN I SHUT THE TRUNK.DUHHHH. I WAS YOUNGER AND STUPIDER THEN, I GUESS.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
I WAS A MOTORCYCLE DEALER IN ITHACA, NY FROM 1956 THROUGH 1966 AND BOUGHT 2 1957 PARILLA MOTORCYCLES FROM SAL ON AUGUST 29, 1958. THESE WERE ACTUALLY ABOUT THE SIZE OF A MUSTANG MOTORCYCLE.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
YES I REMEBER SAL FROM GHOST MOTOR CYL ON MAIN ST IN PORT WASHINGTON SAL WAS A GREAT GUY HE GAVE VERY GOOD DEALS ON EVERYTHING HE SOLD IM 67 NOW IF HE IS STILL ALIVE HE MUST BE UP THERE I HOPE HE IS STILL ALIVE HOPE HE OPENED A SHOP SOME PLACE I USED TO GET A LOT OF PARTS FOR MY 1946 HARLEY NUCKEL HEAD FROM HIM BOY I WISH I STILL HAD THAT BIKE NOW OLD TIME RIDER GOD BLESS YOU SAL FROM MR BILL
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
HI AGAIN IF GHOST DID NOT HAVE A PART I NEEDED YOU COULD ALWAYS GO INTO BROOKLYN ON LINDEN BLVD AT CARLS MOTOR CYL SHOP WITCH WAS A SMALL PLACE ON A TRIANGLE CORNER I THINK THAY CLOSED SOME TIME IN THE MID 80S OR SO MR BILL
Please use plain text.
mostlyghostly229
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Well,I'm from Lke Ronkonkoma which is only 20 minutes from Port Jeff.WQent there several times.Believe me when I tell u that myself and my father trampled the island in Ronkonkoma,Islip,Comack and the Hamptons with CZ's,Pentons and Bultaco's...from 1970 thru 1979.I rode with friends of the great Ghost sponsored Barry Higgins!I'm now 48 and I still play in the mud.Ghost Cycles rule!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Hey Guys, I used to work for Sal when sonny started riding valmobiles. My brother raced for him and later, so did I. Aage (my brother) rode Ducati and I was CZ. I talked to Sal earlier today, he is in to trucking motorcycles now and selling occasionally. I passed the old Ghost shop a few Months ago and it looked all locked up. I used to live right down the street for most of my young life and knew/know Sal well. He helped my brother and I and always treated us very well. Now a days, hes 80 and well and happy.... Cheers, Rick
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Bought two motorcycles from Sal at Ghost. 1970 Triumph TR 6 Trophy and then a 1977 Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee. Sal was such a funny guy. And Griffin, the sales guy, always trying to do a deal. I miss those days, driving over to Ghost to see the bikes they had lined up outside. Old Nortons, Triumphs, BMW's.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Ghost is still around. I'm keeping a few bikes of mine in a warehouse in Glen Cove where he's got a couple dozen bikes and a TON of parts just rotting. He's mostly selling newer used bikes out of Augie's Competition Glass, as far as I've seen. He's still got a bunch of bikes in the old shop on Main St and every once in a while I'll see somebody in there.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
SAL IS A GREAT GUY AS IS SONNY, BOBBIE AND AUGIE. I BOUGHT A 1977 HARLEY DAVIDSON CAFE RACER FROM HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WINTER AND GOT A GREAT DEAL. SAL ALWAYS HAD THE COOLEST BIKES LIKE THE DUCATI DESMOS AND NCR'S!! HE ALSO HAD A REALLY NICE XR 750 THAT THIS BALD GUY KEPT THERE. THE BALD GUY COULD HOLD HIS BODY PARALLEL TO THE GROUND BY HOLDING ONTO A PHONE POLE!!! THAT XR 750 WAS ONE OF THE NICEST SOUNDING BIKES I EVER HEARD. SAL ALSO HAD REALLY NICE ROCKET 3'S BAC IN THE DAY!!!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
I'm a little fuzzy on names. Was Auggie the sales guy with the van dyke beard or was that Griffin? I don't know why I have the name Griffin in my head. Sonny was Sal's son, used to race bikes I remember. Or was Auggie Sal's brother? I remember the name Auggie but can't place the face.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Sonny DeFeo - mcywrld@aol.com I think !!!
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
I'm probably a little younger than you guys, but I bought my first bike from Sal and Sonny in 1990 a Kawasaki ex500. I truly loved that place, my friends and I would ogle all the Ducks and the vintage bikes. I bought my first ducati 900 ss from him as well. Sonny was a great mechanic and could work on anything. Griffin was one of the coolest sales people I ever dealt with. They also had a russian sales guy, but I can't remember his name.
Please use plain text.
Community Member

in reply to honestdom
Who knows where I can get a Ghost Motorcycles Tee shirt???
Please use plain text.