cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any body Remember Ghost Motorcycle Sales Port Washington NY

Anybody remember Them I bought quite a few Bikes from him
He was a Friend & I even worked for him for a couple of Years.
Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 122
latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

marcomini1
Enthusiast
SAL IS A GREAT GUY AS IS SONNY, BOBBIE AND AUGIE. I BOUGHT A 1977 HARLEY DAVIDSON CAFE RACER FROM HIM IN THE MIDDLE OF THE WINTER AND GOT A GREAT DEAL. SAL ALWAYS HAD THE COOLEST BIKES LIKE THE DUCATI DESMOS AND NCR'S!! HE ALSO HAD A REALLY NICE XR 750 THAT THIS BALD GUY KEPT THERE. THE BALD GUY COULD HOLD HIS BODY PARALLEL TO THE GROUND BY HOLDING ONTO A PHONE POLE!!! THAT XR 750 WAS ONE OF THE NICEST SOUNDING BIKES I EVER HEARD. SAL ALSO HAD REALLY NICE ROCKET 3'S BAC IN THE DAY!!!!
Message 16 of 122
latest reply

I'm a little fuzzy on names. Was Auggie the sales guy with the van dyke beard or was that Griffin? I don't know why I have the name Griffin in my head. Sonny was Sal's son, used to race bikes I remember. Or was Auggie Sal's brother? I remember the name Auggie but can't place the face.
Message 17 of 122
latest reply

Sonny DeFeo - mcywrld@aol.com I think !!!
Message 18 of 122
latest reply

I'm probably a little younger than you guys, but I bought my first bike from Sal and Sonny in 1990 a Kawasaki ex500. I truly loved that place, my friends and I would ogle all the Ducks and the vintage bikes. I bought my first ducati 900 ss from him as well. Sonny was a great mechanic and could work on anything. Griffin was one of the coolest sales people I ever dealt with. They also had a russian sales guy, but I can't remember his name.
Message 19 of 122
latest reply

1rpyee
Enthusiast
Who knows where I can get a Ghost Motorcycles Tee shirt???
Message 20 of 122
latest reply

What is your name?
Message 21 of 122
latest reply

claytonaz
Enthusiast
I stopped in once around 82, he had a great collection of bikes vintage H-D and some new Ducati's, if only my wallet were as big as my eyes then.
Message 22 of 122
latest reply

claytonaz
Enthusiast
Is Ghost motorcycles still around, I think they were in Bayshore.
Message 23 of 122
latest reply

i work in north nassau dont know him but i have heard of him from a bunch of people. seems to be a great guy. i drive by there all the time and every once in a while i see people in there with some bikes on the sidewalk.
Message 24 of 122
latest reply

kgrant26
Enthusiast
Sal is still around and doing great. Lets all hope we can make it to 82.
Message 25 of 122
latest reply

I can remember they had motorcycles in about ten storefronts on lower Main St. back in the 60's. Jawas, CZ's, BSA's, old Harley police bikes. Sonny was one of the top MX racers back then. Once he put on a show for us in the sandpits doing one handed wheelies while giving the peace sign.
Message 26 of 122
latest reply

I had dealings with Sonny once at the annual British meet in Auburn, Mass. back in the '90s, and I don't have much good will towards him.

I was selling a '76 Bonneville - asking $2000. He spent all day trying to beat me down in price. He rode it around on the bumpy grass field, then came back saying the front end didn't work right. I knew better than that because I had it licensed and had been riding it for a year. It ran and rode great.

Then he claimed it must have been in a wreck because the downtubes had flat spots on them (A previous owner had over-tightened a set of highway pegs on it, which I removed.) Then it was something else, then another thing, ad nauseum. He finally offered me something insulting for it - I don't recall the exact amount anymore.

I wanted to ask him why he wanted it at all if it was such a piece of junk, but I just told him that $1500 was the bottom line, period.

I know all that's just typical 'buymansship' (just made that word up) to get a better deal, but what he did next was borderline, if not downright, dishonest. He came over later (toward the end of the day) and handed me a stack of $100s. I counted them and there were only 14. He was hoping I wouldn't count them!

When I did, he came up with 'Meet me halfway.' I did sell him the bike for $1450, just because I really wanted to sell one of the 2 bikes I took there, but I never liked him after that. I also had to call them more than once to get him to return my current plate that I forgot to take off before he took the bike.

That's my Ghost Motorcycles story. Your mileage may vary.
Message 27 of 122
latest reply

marcomini1
Enthusiast
I'VE KNOWN GRIFF PERSONALLY FOR 40 YEARS AND THEY DON'T COME ANY FINER!!! AS FOR THE 1450 DID HE PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD?? SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU NEEDED TO BE TAKEN OUT OF YOUR POSITION!
Message 28 of 122
latest reply

marcomini1: I don't even know who 'GRIFF' is; I'm talking about Sonny.

"...DID HE PUT A GUN TO YOUR HEAD??" No, he tried to rob me without a gun, by shorting me $100.

If you told someone that $1500 was the absolute least you'd take for something and he said "Ok, I'll buy it.", then handed you $100 less than that, you wouldn't think there was anything wrong with that? Sorry, it's a crooked attempt at thievery in my book.

"SOUNDS TO ME LIKE YOU NEEDED TO BE TAKEN OUT OF YOUR POSITION!" I don't know just what you mean by that, but Sonny tried to put me in a position - bent-over!

If you think his actions are those of an honest businessperson, you need to get out of the position you're in - with your head up your rectum.
Message 29 of 122
latest reply

mesvs
Scout
s.jpg
Message 30 of 122
latest reply