cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any body Remember Ghost Motorcycle Sales Port Washington NY

Anybody remember Them I bought quite a few Bikes from him
He was a Friend & I even worked for him for a couple of Years.
Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 122
latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

donemoto
Enthusiast
Yep. Used to be one of the better places on the East Coast to get a decent deal on a Vintage bike. Now days Ebay sellers have turned a good deal into an expensive one. Last I heard of him was in the early 90's.
Message 2 of 122
latest reply

I was just thinking about after reading this Board
I did a Google search & got a Phone # I am going to give him a call & and see how he's doing
I bought my First foreign Bike from him and My Last bike

Photobucket
Message 3 of 122
latest reply

I remember reading about thier shop and how they had so many bikes buried under so many bikes sometimes brad new ones would get lost for years and later dug out..
Message 4 of 122
latest reply

I remember when a Dealer had the New Honda Bike from the West Coast
& made a bet with Sal against his New Yamaha it was for Pink Slips and Cash Sal Won
they sent the Driver & Bike to NY just to Race against a New Yamaha & we Broke it in by Driving it as Fast as Possible
it was in the 50's

Photobucket
Message 5 of 122
latest reply

Do you Know how he got his Name??
he use to drive a White BMW with a side hack in the Bronx at night Only
and create havoc in the area! and was writing up in the Papers as the Ghost Rider!

Photobucket
Message 6 of 122
latest reply

Hey Dom, I recently purchased a Benelli motorcycle, still has the Ghost Motorcycles sales sticker on it. Never visited the shop as I have severe allergies related to life in and around the big city.
Message 7 of 122
latest reply

YES I DO. BOUGHT AN ENGINE THERE IN LIKE 2001-2002. ENTED THE TRUNK OF MY CAPRICE FROM YHE INSIDE OUT WHEN I SHUT THE TRUNK.DUHHHH. I WAS YOUNGER AND STUPIDER THEN, I GUESS.
Message 8 of 122
latest reply

I WAS A MOTORCYCLE DEALER IN ITHACA, NY FROM 1956 THROUGH 1966 AND BOUGHT 2 1957 PARILLA MOTORCYCLES FROM SAL ON AUGUST 29, 1958. THESE WERE ACTUALLY ABOUT THE SIZE OF A MUSTANG MOTORCYCLE.
Message 9 of 122
latest reply

YES I REMEBER SAL FROM GHOST MOTOR CYL ON MAIN ST IN PORT WASHINGTON SAL WAS A GREAT GUY HE GAVE VERY GOOD DEALS ON EVERYTHING HE SOLD IM 67 NOW IF HE IS STILL ALIVE HE MUST BE UP THERE I HOPE HE IS STILL ALIVE HOPE HE OPENED A SHOP SOME PLACE I USED TO GET A LOT OF PARTS FOR MY 1946 HARLEY NUCKEL HEAD FROM HIM BOY I WISH I STILL HAD THAT BIKE NOW OLD TIME RIDER GOD BLESS YOU SAL FROM MR BILL
Message 10 of 122
latest reply

HI AGAIN IF GHOST DID NOT HAVE A PART I NEEDED YOU COULD ALWAYS GO INTO BROOKLYN ON LINDEN BLVD AT CARLS MOTOR CYL SHOP WITCH WAS A SMALL PLACE ON A TRIANGLE CORNER I THINK THAY CLOSED SOME TIME IN THE MID 80S OR SO MR BILL
Message 11 of 122
latest reply

Well,I'm from Lke Ronkonkoma which is only 20 minutes from Port Jeff.WQent there several times.Believe me when I tell u that myself and my father trampled the island in Ronkonkoma,Islip,Comack and the Hamptons with CZ's,Pentons and Bultaco's...from 1970 thru 1979.I rode with friends of the great Ghost sponsored Barry Higgins!I'm now 48 and I still play in the mud.Ghost Cycles rule!
Message 12 of 122
latest reply

rkj2002
Enthusiast
Hey Guys, I used to work for Sal when sonny started riding valmobiles. My brother raced for him and later, so did I. Aage (my brother) rode Ducati and I was CZ. I talked to Sal earlier today, he is in to trucking motorcycles now and selling occasionally. I passed the old Ghost shop a few Months ago and it looked all locked up. I used to live right down the street for most of my young life and knew/know Sal well. He helped my brother and I and always treated us very well. Now a days, hes 80 and well and happy.... Cheers, Rick
Message 13 of 122
latest reply

Bought two motorcycles from Sal at Ghost. 1970 Triumph TR 6 Trophy and then a 1977 Triumph Bonneville Silver Jubilee. Sal was such a funny guy. And Griffin, the sales guy, always trying to do a deal. I miss those days, driving over to Ghost to see the bikes they had lined up outside. Old Nortons, Triumphs, BMW's.
Message 14 of 122
latest reply

mister_mohawk
Enthusiast
Ghost is still around. I'm keeping a few bikes of mine in a warehouse in Glen Cove where he's got a couple dozen bikes and a TON of parts just rotting. He's mostly selling newer used bikes out of Augie's Competition Glass, as far as I've seen. He's still got a bunch of bikes in the old shop on Main St and every once in a while I'll see somebody in there.
Message 15 of 122
latest reply