cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any body Remember Ghost Motorcycle Sales Port Washington NY

Anybody remember Them I bought quite a few Bikes from him
He was a Friend & I even worked for him for a couple of Years.
Live..Learn..and Die a Fool!

Photobucket
Message 1 of 122
latest reply
121 REPLIES 121

Re: Any body Remember Ghost Motorcycle Sales Port Washington NY

Spent quite a bit of time their in the 70s, 80s and 90s. Been their when Billy Joel has come by as well as other well known bike people. Even went out riding around PW with shaky Pete the parts guy. Talk about a guy who could ride the balls off. He was a sleeper. Looked like he could bairly walk let alone race, but he could and he know the streets of Port. Lotta of good times shame Ghost is a well ghost now.
Message 106 of 122
latest reply

the rider was George Rocket. He won some major races on that bike including Watkins Glen. The bike was so fast, that someone protested and they pulled the head and measured. Came in at 174cc

Dave

Message 107 of 122
latest reply

Sal just turned 87-

He has terrible hearing but he always has his cell phone on...he is still driving a truck and side car regularly-just was the grand marshall in the Port Washington Memorial Day parade...

Sincerely,

his granddaughter-Eliesha

Message 108 of 122
latest reply

Sal leading the parade as Grand Marshall this past Memorial Day Weekend in a black BMW with Griffin, from Ghost and also a Vietnam veteran, riding in the sidecar!

Memorial Day

Message 109 of 122
latest reply

Hi l am getting some off there old dealer decals made they should be on my website in the next week or so.

Message 110 of 122
latest reply

Hi have you still got the tee shirt?

Message 111 of 122
latest reply

Yes I still have it. If you want to reach me e-mail to  & use T shirt in subject line.

Message 112 of 122
latest reply

Hi there, I am from Brisbane Australia and I own a 1966 Ducati 250 that has an original Ghost Motorcycles Sales Corp sticker on the rear tail light. Its been great reading about this iconic dealer ship and seeing the picture of Sal

Message 113 of 122
latest reply

Sal and Sonny were icons in the 60's and even later.  I spent many nights there-street was packed with bikes in the heydey of british machines. Later on as bikes from Japan  became more prominent and started winning races the shop kinda faded away.  I spoke with Sal about 5 years ago in the shop, and we talked about mutual friends that raced and were working with me in California.  I was glad to see Sal is still strong.  God- those were the best days of my life.

@honestdom wrote:
Anybody remember Them I bought quite a few Bikes from him
He was a Friend & I even worked for him for a couple of Years.

Message 114 of 122
latest reply

I am looking for a dealer that had an ad on Ebay in 2005 selling a Manrhin motorscooter.

The dealer was listed as MOTORCCLEWORLD, PORT WAXHINGTON, NY.

Anyone have info on such a dealer?

Thanks,

Dale in Indy

Message 115 of 122
latest reply

J

@mikbrenbradgrif wrote:
I'm probably a little younger than you guys, but I bought my first bike from Sal and Sonny in 1990 a Kawasaki ex500. I truly loved that place, my friends and I would ogle all the Ducks and the vintage bikes. I bought my first ducati 900 ss from him as well. Sonny was a great mechanic and could work on anything. Griffin was one of the coolest sales people I ever dealt with. They also had a russian sales guy, but I can't remember his name.

The Russian sales guy's name was Mark but They called him Marco.

Message 116 of 122
latest reply

Griffin at Ghost Motorcycle changed my life (for the better) when he sold me a brand spanking new CZ 175 Sport for $495.00 back in April of 1971. It was my very first motorcycle and I loved it. I took it back to college in Boulder, Colorado, where I rode it so much in the mountains that I almost flunked out of college, which caused me to get drafted to go to Vietnam. Griffin, if you are still around, please drop me a line. Jimmy

Message 117 of 122
latest reply

Sweet Bike!!!

Message 118 of 122
latest reply

Ah, a good motorbike ... We already have fewer such people in Russia. Ordinary people ruthlessly hand them over for recycling. And restorers like me, it's like a knife in the heart (((Smiley Sad

Message 119 of 122
latest reply

You mean Pete, not Dave.
Message 120 of 122
latest reply