cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

EBay app does not work on older ipad

The eBay app on my iPad froze. So I deleted and reloaded it. Now it doesn't work at all. After all this time and spending. I will miss you eBay 😞
Message 1 of 25
latest reply
1 BEST ANSWER

Accepted Solutions

@simon_westbrook61 @snappytom7

The iPad app requires iOS 9 to install, please upgrade the OS to 9 on your iPad and then install the app.

View Best Answer in original post

Message 3 of 25
latest reply
24 REPLIES 24

My i pad is not old

Message 2 of 25
latest reply

@simon_westbrook61 @snappytom7

The iPad app requires iOS 9 to install, please upgrade the OS to 9 on your iPad and then install the app.

Message 3 of 25
latest reply

Hi I am running IOS 7.1 on my ipad2 and the version of ebay app is no longer supported. I am reluctant to upgrade to IOS 9 because a lot of the apps installed will not be supported. I will no have to use bay via the web which is far from perfect. I believe ebay have been short sighted and basically towing the Apple Line of forcing people to upgrade the ios and not always for the better.

Barrie

Message 4 of 25
latest reply

I have the same problem but my ipad is on version 10.3.3.  I deleted the ebay app and reinstalled and now it won't log me in.  EBN Error Domain then SSL error.  How can I get the Ebay app to work on my iPad again?

Thank you.

Message 5 of 25
latest reply

My ipad has been working fine for ebay.  It is on version9.3.5.  Now I am having the same problem.  It started bu not retaining photos for the drafts made on ipad.  I deleted the app and now the app that downloads from aplle is not the mobile one, it is the desktop version.  Please help, can not list.

Message 6 of 25
latest reply

Having same problem on iPad 2 ,say needs over 10 update . I have 9 which Apple says is current

Message 7 of 25
latest reply

I have same problem on iPhone 4s iOS is9.3.5 and all I get is not compatible

Message 8 of 25
latest reply

My Ipad has IOS 9.3.5 and it wont let me install ebay app after I deleted Ebay app to reinstall because I was having isues.

Message 9 of 25
latest reply

Exact issue im having and same software version of IOS

Message 10 of 25
latest reply

SNe here iPad 3rd generation with iOS 9.3.5 abs no longer can use eBay app. Have to use eBay.com which us slow. I guess there's no fix to this since eBay has not responded 

Message 11 of 25
latest reply

Likewise i am using ios 9.1 and eBay app has stopped working, tried reinstalling but still does not work.

In dont see why its so difficult to keep the older apps working.  Not all apple devices support thr latest IOS and some users do not want to lose/reinstall all their apps and settings by constantly upgrading.

Message 12 of 25
latest reply

Same problem. My daughters have the iPad4, will only update software to the 10.3.3 version so like everyone else, the eBay app won't update/work. I can't even afford an iPad for myself so girls won't be getting a new one. As one of the above users mentioned, is going to stop a lot of purchases! Needs to be fixed immediately Ebay!

Message 13 of 25
latest reply

iPad is on ios9 still does not work

Message 14 of 25
latest reply

My app EBay disappear  and I try to install on Google app . They said, my iPad not competition   Install . I have IOS 9.3 and  it's worked ! I wa t resume all  

Message 15 of 25
latest reply