eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
what to do if the seller has not responded to emails

Purchased 2 items from same seller.  Paid for one including total shipping.  Shortly after payment was made, I won another item from that seller.  Have asked repeatedly through email if he consolidates shipment before paying for second item.  Seller did not mark that first item had been shipped yet.  Have sent numerous mails, no response either way.

Don't know what to do now, as I am getting payment reminders from ebay for the second item.  If seller would respond, I would know whether or not the full shipping price would be lowered thus lowering my payment.

It's been 5 days since initial purchase of both items.  What to do next?

Other Answers: 8
itz_stacey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to patmac*123

If you want to take advantage of any combined shipping discount a seller offers (if any) then you would have needed to wait until you purchased/won ALL items. At that point you would request a "combined invoice" from the seller.

That option goes away when you pay for each item separately, the seller cannot fix it for you. ebay does not allow them too, it's not their fault.

This is why you see so many listings that state "PLEASE WAIT FOR COMBINED INVOICE" prior to paying.

The time to ask if the seller offers discounted shipping on multiple items (assuming it's not already clarified on the listing itself) is BEFORE bidding/buying and especially before paying.

At this point you need to just pay for your item before you end up with an unpaid item strike on your account.

dunnohowtowin
Community Member
Answered
in reply to patmac*123

Neither auction mentions that the seller will combine shipping for multiple wins.  You agreed to the shipping terms listed.  You shouldn't try to renegotiate the terms after the fact.

Real people believe that if it ain't broke, don't fix it.
Engineers believe that if it ain't broke, it doesn't have enough features.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to patmac*123

Thank you all for your input.  Makes sense as explained;  my mistake for paying so quickly and assuming I wouldn't win the second one minutes later.  I never sold on ebay, so I was unaware of the charges the seller must pay.  I thought that,  maybe, if the first one hadn't been shipped yet, an adjustment could be made to  the shipping on the second one; but now I can understand a little of the procedure for selliers..

Appreciate your help with this, thank you.

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to patmac*123

Shipping on each item is kind of high IMO - so I would be asking about a discount also.  But they may not be around yet - this is still the Holiday Season and a lot of people go out of town.  As long as they haven't opened an unpaid item claim you still have time to reach them and pay without any repercussion.  Of course they don't have to discount the combined shipping - but hopefully they will.  

RESPONDER's - be polite and not berating or condescending or sarcastic
don't correct the OP's spelling, etc. - that's not what we're here for
don't type in large fonts - just as bad as OP typing in caps
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to patmac*123

Since you paid for the first item, any combined shipping is moot anyway.

You must pay for combined shipping in one payment.

Seller must ship separately if you pay separately or void PayPal Seller Protection.....

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!
itz_stacey
Community Member
Answered
in reply to patmac*123

"If you do reach the seller, they can still adjust the shipping for you - if they want.  They just have to send an invoice for the second item and either zero out the shipping or lower it."

Sure they can however, ebay would STILL require separate tracking numbers because there would be TWO payments made.

When you have TWO shipments being made you must pay for EACH package and it's DC# separately. This would obviously negate any combined shipping discount.

angelgirl327
Community Member
Answered
in reply to patmac*123

If you do reach the seller, they can still adjust the shipping for you - if they want.  They just have to send an invoice for the second item and either zero out the shipping or lower it.   If they don't want to, there is nothing you can do but pay the full amount. 

RESPONDER's - be polite and not berating or condescending or sarcastic
don't correct the OP's spelling, etc. - that's not what we're here for
don't type in large fonts - just as bad as OP typing in caps
buyorsell888
Community Member
Answered
in reply to patmac*123

Why would the seller discount shipping when they must pay two transaction fees to PayPal and must have two tracking/delivery confirmation numbers, one for each payment?

When you pay separately you negate any combined shipping discount!

Never rely on eBay nor emails for accurate payment information.

Login to PayPal!