eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
  • Shop Deals
Answer
Community Member
what does this mean Manifest Ack
what does this mean Manifest Ack It says that on one of my shipping tracking infos
Other Answers: 9
Community Member
Answered
in reply to astealofadeel4u

I was looking for this answer myself and realized that Manifest Ack means Manifest Acknowledged. The Post Office has received, recorded and accepted the package/letter. Hope this hleps.

kofcmember
Community Member
Answered

Manifest ack happens when you print out the postage but have not given the post office the physical package.  Once you take to the post office or carrier picks up then it gets an acceptance scan and the delivery time starts.

Community Member
Answered
Manifest Ack. is what I believe to mean that your parcel has been recorded at the post office, as one definition of manifest is "a list or invoice of goods transported by truck or train." It shows that your package has been delivered to the post office, but has not been sent by them, to you. The "Ack" means acknowledged.
randydb63
Community Member
Answered

MA on USPS or Manifest Ack means Manifest Acknowledgement. I went to USPS websites  Appendix I  Product Tracking System Scan Event Codes at this address 

http://about.usps.com/publications/pub97/pub97_i.htm and this is their description of Manifest Acknowledgement word for word. I copied and pasted it here:

An “electronic acceptance” of the record representing the mail piece in the Product Tracking System (PTS) database generated by receipt/processing of the electronic file sent by the mailer. This not a physical scan of the package.

I hope this helps.

ijazzu
Community Member
Answered
I believe the Manifest Ack is what you load in as the tracking information. You may have an tracking information upload error of some kind. Is this an international sale which requires customs form? You may have to re-upload info, clean your cache and cookies, log out and log back in. I noticed when looking at your listings the shipping info was loading slightly slower so it may simply be a slow loading error glich and correct itself.
amazing_american_antiques
Community Member
Answered

I just got the same message and didn't know what it meant. I came here and found this thread. Thanks for the clarification on the matter.

Community Member
Answered
For the first time I have to Schedule a pick up from USPS and on the tracking # show "Manifest Ack" and the time show is the time I finished the "schedule a pick up" on usps.com . So I believe thats have something to do when you schedule a pick .
upt97
Community Member
Answered
Manifest Mailing System (MMS) - A postage payment system that enables the USPS to accept and verify permit imprint mailings that contain nonidentical-weight and/or nonidentical-price pieces of the same mail class (except Periodicals) and same mail processing category. These pieces are prepared by the mailer according to certain standards.
Community Member
Answered

Now with this Manifest Ack present, will my package be sent to it's location, and how much longer could it take until its on the truck/van? This is the first time it has ever happened to me.