eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
internet explorer has stopped working. eBay only. I can acess all out internetr sites. Reason ?

Each time I attemp to view a item in eBay I get the message "Internet explorer has stopped working"  Deleted my cache, cookies and history in both Google chrome and the internet explorer and still can't view any items.   

Other Answers: 7
only-browsing
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jensdaddio

I was ale to find,search and view images just fine but couldn't sign in to Ebay, "internet explorer stopped working" message comes up and shuts me out. Try going into "Tools" and check "ActiveXfiltering" is on/checked/ticked.  Worked for me, after spending hours trying to fix it via various helps on various forums.  Most frustrating thing about it was not being able to log in to get help from ebay!!

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jensdaddio

This works

Tools>Internet Options>Security tab, click "Reset all zones to default"

Trusted Sites icon, 'Sites' button... remove Ebay from your Trusted Sites list..... websites work just as well in the (default) Internet Zone.

mrsmtn
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jensdaddio

Is your IE in compatibility mode?  It must be for it to work in eBay. If not, go to "tools" and set it.

johnsattic
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jensdaddio

Try using google chrome as your browser since you apparently have it installed, that will tell us if the trouble is with ebay or IE.

Wish my fingers would pay closer attention to what I spell correctly.
Community Member
Answered
in reply to jensdaddio

If you are using an older version of IE update it to IE9-I am using that and it is working fine.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jensdaddio

Yes this Problem Occurs and it can be because of many reasons and you need to find that reason.So Read About Internet Explorer has Stopped Working Problem and how to reinstall Internet Explorer.

Hope It Helps... :smileyhappy:

Community Member
Answered
in reply to jensdaddio

If anyone is having a problem with internet explorer freezing up when you try to login too ebay it is being caused by microsoft silverlight. Go to you control panel and click on uninstall a program your programs will load in a list. Scroll down until you find microsoft silverlight or silverlight then click on it at the top it will say uninstall then click that and follow prompts to uninstall. I could not log on all day until I found this fix.