eBay
  • Daily Deals
  • Sell
  • Customer Support
Answer
Community Member
How can I contact eBay for a fake item? I don't have a phone # that will work, nor an email. And, the seller won't respond.

How can I contact eBay for a fake item?
I don't have a phone # that will work, nor an email.
And, the seller won't respond.

Other Answers: 7
sbm-ventures
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brooksrob5

Ebay won't do anything at this late date, fake or not. Save your time you won't get anywhere.

jsrmcr2012
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brooksrob5

Next to each item on the listing is a "report" link. Scroll through the various violations to find the right one and send the report to eBay. 

Good luck :-)

fossil_diver
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brooksrob5

Your wasting your time with ebay regarding this item. The only thing you may be able to do is open a civil suit in court. And that's a big maybe. Be prepared to hire a lawyer and overpaid "experts" to testify that the item is fake and you will probably have to hold the hearing in the sellers jurisdiction. Unless it's a very valuable work of art or something similar it would be a total waste of time and money to pursue a suit. If it was me I would just chalk up the loss as tuition to the ebay school of business. Next time do your homework better before you buy.

Community Member
Answered
in reply to brooksrob5

This is something I purchased last Sept. 2012, and therefore can't "open a case" in the resolution center.

I was hoping to find an eBay email that I could reply to, in order to just get the ball rolling.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brooksrob5

You"contact" about this by going to the Resolution Center and filing a dispute.

kraloe
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brooksrob5

There is nothing eBay will do. This is so far past the Buyer Protection timeframe that this ball has no chance of movement at all.

jsrmcr2012
Community Member
Answered
in reply to brooksrob5

Is this something you purchased or just saw listed? If you already bought, you can request the personal contact information for the seller. 

I apologize for assuming it was only a listing you viewed. I would open a case if you bought a fake as suggested.