cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where is the protection for sellers????

I sold a lot of pre-owned purses and wallets recenly.  I listed them as pre-owned even though several were new with tags.  I stated that they were: Some designer, some designer - inspired, some no label 

In good to new condition.  I took pictures of the purses and wallets myself and was appalled when the buyer requested a return stating "These are hideous! dirty, strings hanging from them! not as described at all! I want them picked up and refunded immediately please!"   At first I ressponded "I'm sorry you aren't happy with your purchase. The purses really are exactly as pictured in the listing and we're described as good to new condition. Would you be willing to accept a partial refund and keep the purses? Let me know as soon as you can."  Then I called eBay customer support because I felt that I shouldn't have to give even a partial refund if I listed the item correctly and honestly.  I asked that they look at the listing and the customer support guy said that I did everything right and that he was going to open a case for me.  That was on June 26th.  Today (the 27th) I got a message back from eBay that they decided in the buyer's favor and that I have to allow her to return the purses, refund her money, AND pay the return shipping!  

I called customer service agan and spoke to 3 people to find out why the decision was made in her favor.  He informed me that there was no record of my call on the 26th except a time stamp and a statement that basically said "Customer called to see what she needs to do next in the return case."  WHAT??????????????  The last person I talked to was in the Appeals department.  Although he was not rude, he said that I have to give her 10 days to return the items, refund her money, pay the return postage and THEN I can appeal the case.  I called on the 26th to appeal the return!!!!   I asked the guy from Appeals to read me his notes and NOTHING that I said was listed.  He only noted that I called, he told me I had to wait 10 days to appeal, and that was IT!   I am so frustrated and am seriously considering closing my selling account.  

Any suggestions as to what I can do??

Thanks for listening to me vent. 

Lana

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)