cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Shady Buyer

Hi, 

I had an auction going that ended yesterday and I am having some trouble with the buyer. I included free shipping as one of the stipulations of the auction and clearly stated the item ships within the US only. Not only does the buyer live in England but now they want me to ship the item to Nigeria!  I have included the chain of events below.

___________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

1. The auction was for a PS4 console, a PS4 controller, and one game, and ended yesterday with a winning bid of 420.00

2. I soon after received a message from the buyer asking for a money request from Paypal.

3. I then sent the buyer a money request from Paypal which included the shipping costs to have the item sent to England. The total came to 499.85.

4.The buyer did not respond to either request directly. Instead I received the messages below.

PayPal 

sent you $520.00USD
Transaction ID: C528L006Q999T5350

Just thought you'd like to know sent you $520.00USD

ReversalPlease be aware that your payment can still be reversed, (e.g. if it is subject to a chargeback), even after you have posted the item to your buyer. Complying with PayPal and following the trading guidelines helps to protect you from things like charge backs.
Once the money's there you can:
Spend the money online at thousands of shops that accept PayPal.
Transfer it to your bank account (takes two to three days).
Transfer the money to a credit card.
Don't see the money in your account?Don't worry — sometimes it just takes a few minutes for it to show up,get back to us by replying this mail with the shipping tracking bar code so that your account can be credited as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,
PayPal

Please do reply  this email  with the shipping bar code after because we are not monitoring this inbox. get in touch with us as soon as possible so we can credit your account.
Copyright © 2015 PayPal. All rights reserved.

PayPal (Europe) S.à r.l. et Cie, S.C.A.
Société en Commandite par Actions
Registered office: 22-24 Boulevard Royal, L-2449 Luxembourg
RCS Luxembourg B 118 349

and....

eBay eBay sent this message
Your registered name is included to show this message originated from eBay. Learn more.
This member has a question for you.

Do not respond to the sender if this message requests that you complete the transaction outside of eBay. This type of offer is against eBay policy, may be fraudulent, and is not covered by buyer protection programs. Learn More  

=

Sony PlayStation 4 (Latest Model)- 500 GB Black Console
Sony PlayStation 4 (Latest Model)- 500 GB Black Console
Item Id:  
Order Id: 281760432292-0
End time: Aug-02-15 14:45:19 PDT
Buyer:

0.0% Positive Feedback
Member since Apr-04-15 in United Kingdom
Listing Status: This message was sent while the listing was closed.

5. Now I have no idea what to do. I calculated what the shipping cost would be to have it shipped the the address above and it is over $500. At this point I just want to relist the item and sell it to another buyer, but I don't want to do anything that will incur negative feedback.

Any help would be great!

Thanks!

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)