cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Refund of amount paid to eBay

On 23rd March, at 8.04 am, I purchased Brand new LG G4 mobile item No. 132130187439 from eBay India. eBay India is seller friendly and does not care much about issues of buyers. Seller, in item description, mentioned that he will ship the order within 30 hours of receiving payment. On 26th March, after 75 hours of making payment,seller informed me by email that he was expecting fresh stock and he couldn't ship my order. As he could not keep his promise of shipping the item within 30 hours and was not sure when he will receive fresh stocks, I had canceled my purchase. On 27th March, seller informed me by email that he had shipped item. Tracking number of courier shows even today that booking information is not available. On 27th  march, at 7.06 pm, seller has sent me email that he has cancelled my order. When I requested for refund of sum paid by me, eBay india informs me today that seller had shipped order on 27th March and it would be delivered to me by 5th April. In India, not a single courier company takes 10 days to deliver consignment, it is always delivered within 3/4 days across India.Besides, location of item is in my city only. Then item cannot take such a long time to come to me. eBay india is absolutely seller friendly and never helps buyers I am very old member of eBay india but absolutely dissatisfied with their services.  I request the eBay community for help in getting my refund. eBay inc., California should have dedicated email address for customers complaints of other countries.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)