cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Scam?

I found a camper on Craigs list in Charleston, SC. The seller said she now lives in Kansas but she has

a deal set up with ebay. Here is the email:

Hello again,
I am glad to see you have a high interest in my camper.
As I told you in my previous e-mail, I recently got divorced and as a result I had to get a new job and moved to Topeka, KS. The camper is at a shipping yard here all prepped for delivery. It's a difficult and busy time for me so I had to prearrange the deal with eBay to help me sell the camper. The sale includes free delivery with an estimate of 3 to 5 days depending on location. You are also granted a 5 day trial period for inspection and test drive prior to making the purchase and also if for any reason you are not satisfied with the camper you can have it shipped back at no expense for you. For more detailed information on how it works, please reply with your full name, address and a phone number. I will forward your information to eBay and they will contact you to explain everything better and help you complete the purchase. They will also be able to provide proof that I'm a legitimate seller fully covered by eBay. Waiting for your reply with the necessary information for proceeding.
Thank you

And a supposed email from ebay:

Case ID #161817786309
Item: 2011 Jayco Jay Feather 242

Dear William J. Purcell,

How to confirm the payment?

Once you loaded your PayPal My Cash cards with the amount needed for completing your purchase, provide the following documentation:
- Reply to this invoice notification with the PayPal My Cash 10 digit numbers of the back of your PayPal My Cash cards and load amount for each card;
- photo-copies* off the back of your PayPal My Cash cards with visible, legible 10 digits numbers;
- photo-copies* of the PayPal My Cash receipt(s) with visible, legible print.

* (i.e. pictures taken using your phone)

Confirm your payment by e-mailing us or replying to this invoice notification with the PayPal My Cash documentation above.

*Please be careful and purchase only PayPal My Cash cards. Do not purchase other Prepaid Reloads, Prepaid Credit Cards or any other prepaid or gift card, you will not be able to complete your payment using any of these cards.

I think they are scaming people.

Thanks,

View Entire Topic

That is a very common and widely known scam. eBay has nothing to do with any item listed on another site, and eBay NEVER handles money or holds items in escrow waiting for a buyer to agree to the purchase before releasing the money. A 5 day trial period???? THEN you can send it back at the owners expense? Do you REALLY think any owner would actually do that? Of course not

STOP dealing with the thief. There is no camper at all, only a scam artist trying to steal your money.