cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How to get buyer to close case

Sold an item, buyer harrassed me about not recieving it within 3 days, I told them wait more than three days, now I asked them if they recieved it and there is no response. They've opened a case so I'm not getting paid. How to finish this?

View Entire Topic

You asked the buyer if they received the package?

I suppose that means that you did not have a tracking number to prove delivery? Tracking is free for purchases of shipping labels made on eBay shipping or PayPal shipping, and the downloads are automatic as well. If you purchased postage at the post office at retail rates, you should also have paid the $1.05 for tracking and downlaoded it on the package.

No tracking = no way to defend the case that was filed. You should go ahead and refund the full payment, as there is no way to prove the buyer got the package, and no way to defend the case.

BTW...I see that you list shipping as $1.99 for most items you are selling. I wonder how you are shipping for that price? The least expensive "standard" shipping available at the post office will cost you over $3, and that has NO TRACKING at all....and you are also giving eBay 20 cents of that $1.99 as a final value fee. You are setting up your listings as losses before they even sell. Don't you want to actually MAKE a few cents on each sale? Unless you get everyhting you are selling free, I wonder how you could possibly sell anything and ship it for the prices you have listed.