cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Final Value Fee on S&H

I do not think it is fair to be charged a final value fee on shipping, and was wondering if there are any other members whom feel the same way?

I use eBays calculated shipping on the website and do not charge a handeling fee.

I understand a final value fee for those who are charging a higher shipping and thereby making a profit on s&h, but for those of us that use the tools provided by eBay, to be charged on money that we have to turn around and pay to the shipping agent, it seems unfair and is a discouragment to me to list on eBay.

I think that a fair solution would be for eBay to not charge a final value fee on seperate s&h when the shipping calculator is used and the handeling cost does not exceed $1 or $2 additional.

I look forward to hearing from fellow sellers regarding this matter.

RoseAnn (wwh1779)

View Entire Topic

You are correct. It's not 'fair trade' BUT it IS ebays' business.

Sellers who do not abuse the system don't like it.

Sellers who do not abuse the system, don't think it's fair.

However, it was those ugly sellers who found their way to abuse the system when ebay changed the course of payments due to ebay for sales in May 2008.

Just reconfigure your your numbers....Sale and S+H. Take a figure of about 15% off what you receive from a buyer, less the shipping, ink, materials, item cost, your time..........That aughta give you a generalized idea of how musch you'll end up with....

I know. It's difficult.

I stopped selling over 2 years ago because even if just one or 2 buyers filed snads to get free returns, those darn DEFECTs (which is now alil different as I understand) AND having to pay for return shipping 'JUST because a sneaky buyer knows what to do, I am not interested in spending my money for buyers to just look at something.

I posted all measurements, weights, colors, etc in the titles, Item Specifics AND description area yet 2-3 buyers STILL, claimed NAD...I'm not interested in that carp. (See A are pee). That's where I drew the line.