cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling a Purchase

Hi,

I understand that when you commit to purchase an item, it is your responsibility to then follow through and do so. However, recently I have been searching for a new iPhone and I thought I found a good one and I went ahead and purchased it. However, after 3 days of no communication from the seller and no update in terms of accepting the payment or shipping the item, I retracted my payment via PayPal. I've since then tried to contact the seller regarding the situation. I hate to play this card but I am your typical poor college student and I have purchased a new iPhone from a different seller because I need a new one ASAP, as I use mine for work and it is about to die. With that being said, I'm wondering if I'll get a refund from PayPal, from the seller? Or if I'm kind of screwed and will have to pay the first seller regardless and get the phone and then try to re-sell it? I understand that I've kind of dug myself into a sticky situation but I'm really hoping to find a way to not be out about $200 for the first iPhone that I no longer wish to purchase due to lack of communication etc. Any advice/tips etc. would be extremely appreciated! Thanks!

View Entire Topic

You say you retracted the payment? If you did that you already have the refund. It will not be made twice.