cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Pleas HELP regarding a costly glitch

Hello people, I have the following issue:

Last week, I´ve bought item 321819867382 (link: http://www.ebay.com/itm/321819867382) The item in question was offered  to be sent via "USPS Priority Mail Express". However, once the item shipped, it did via non-Express USPS Priority. This is a HUGE problem to me. Here in Uruguay, there is a customs' policy stating that, all international buyings over 100 USD and less than 200 USD can be exempt from all taxes only if they´re brought over via express shipping. This rule can be seen here (albeit it's in spanish): http://www.correo.com.uy/index.asp?pagVal=537. Now, due to the information on the site being incorrect and, the item being sent via non-express shipping, I'll be charged for taxes for the 60% of the item's final price (including shipping) plus the hiring of a customs officer (all specified in the link above). ¬¬ I mean, the whole reason why this order was entirely doable for me was the express shipping tax exemption. After I realized the mistake on the shipping method, I contacted the seller. We emailed back and forth, and I sent him proofs that the site specified EXPRESS shipping as the only selectable method for shipping to my country and he told me that the notification he received from Ebay's system was to sent it via USPS non-EXPRESS. So, due to a glitch in Ebay's interface, i am going to be charged around 60-70 USD in taxes. I attached the images to this post

I didn´t do anything wrong and neither the seller as he responded every message of mine and shipped according to the notification Ebay's system sent him. The problem is that I bought an item with an option selected and the system told the seller to do a different thing. What can I do? All I wanted was the item for a price and i might end up paying double due to a **bleep** interface glitch.

BTW: Does anyone know if the toll free phone number for Ebay's CS is toll free outside the US?

express 1.jpg

express 2.jpg

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)