cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Partial Refund for Buyer

Hello,

I recently listed an item to the best of my ability noting the condition of the item-there was a chip on the porcelain item.  It was purchased with payment  made in a very timely fashion by the buyer.  I immediately shipped this item-bubble wrapped packaging-upon notification that receipt of payment was received.  Approximately 3-4 days later I received an e-mail from the buyer informing me that after his close inspection, he found there had evidently been a hairline break in the piece and it had been reglued.  I thought I had looked very close at this item but there is always a chance that I might have missed the hairline re-glued crack.  This item was a piece from my families estate.  I have always listed items to the best of my knowledge with thoroughness but I could have missed this.  I just don't know.  As I have stated, I have always been extra careful with my listing description and try to honestly cover all areas of information necessary per item.    Our communication has been good regarding what steps we both should look at to correct the problem.  It has been agreed by both parties that I do a partial refund.  So, this is my problem:  How do I do a partial refund?  I am at a total loss on the proper steps needed to issue this agreed upon partial credit/refund.  I would greatly appreciate any and all directions that pertain to issueing  a credit/refund  to the buyer.  Thank you so much for your time and consideration and I will anxiously be waiting for your advice/direction on completing a partial refuind/credit to the buyer.  Again, thank you. 

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)