cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Newbie to eBay - Seller cancelled my bid.

Hello. I'm new to buying/bidding on eBay.

I saw a listing that I bid and set my max bid on, only to promptly have my bid cancelled. Not knowing what happened, I promptly rebid on the item. I then noticed I received a message from the seller stating that his "auction stated that buyers with less than 10 feedback contact me PRIOR to bidding. I don't accept bids from new accounts with 0 feedback."

While I didn't notice this "requirement" before, I apologized, stating I'm new to eBay and that I was interested in his listing.

He then replied stating "I'm sorry. I am not comfortable allowing a bidder with no history of successful transactions to bid" on his listing.

I then suspect he must of blocked me as my bids were not accepted when I tried to rebid on the item.

When I first saw his listing, the item had zero bids and expired over the weekend. He then relisted his auction for a much lower starting bid than before. He also stated in the listing that he would expect payment within 24 hours of completion of the auction.

From what I see, he still hasn't recieved any interest or bids on his item except for mine. Why my bid was denied because I have "zero feedback" and "no history of successful transactions" is beyond me.

Also, how could I be unsuccessful in handling a transaction? If it is handled through Paypal, then he would promptly receive payment of the item from me (if I won the auction) and he should successfully receive his payment through Paypal.

My question is if this is a common "business practice"? Seems odd to me that a seller be so picky, unless he specifically singles out certain buyers from bidding on his items for unfounded reasons.

Accepted Solutions (0)

Answers (0)